SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dennied

North Carolina Furniture Dealers & Hancock and Moore

dennied
16 years ago

Hello-

I've just stumbled across this website while looking for Hancock and Moore Furniture dealers in Connecticut. My question is two-part. First-are there H & C retailers in the Southern Connecticut area-or anywhere in CT? I'm specifically looking for the leather "September" sofa or loveseat as well as two leather wingback recliners. My second question pertains to the purchase of furniture from North Carolina outlets. My husband and I purchased a Broyhill bedroom and dining room set from an oufit down south and I won't use the name here unless I'm given the ok. While we "saved" money compared to buying from a retailer here in Connecticut, we still spent quite a bit for the sets. I am digusted with the quality, craftmanship and overall durability of each piece. The dining room chairs became unglued after a few months, the finish began to wear off almost immediately, and the slightest bump will scratch or dent the furniture. I took pictures and sent them to Broyhill, but they would not do anything but recommend we take the pieces and have them refinished. My husband is convinced we purchased "knock-offs" and were taken for a ride. I'd always heard good things about NC outlets and become riled up on a weekly basis when I clean and get a close look at what I now consider junk. Are those distributors reputable, or did we get second rate furniture?

Thanks in advance-

Dennie D

Comments (5)