My Father died when i was 14

millsaps18

Hi everyone I just here to kinda find some help in dealin with my dads death...it happened 4 years ago Sept. 8...i had to wake up and do cpr on my dad for half an hour waitin on the EMS to get to my home back in the woods...i was only 14 at the time...my dad 46...he died of a small shock in his heart from a murmur...and ever since that day i have had anger issues and have had nights like tonight where i dream of that mornin and cant sleep a wink after i wake up...can someone just talk to me? i have been to a therapist but they only talk bout what they think its like i need to talk to someone who knows what its like

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad.

I think it's a great idea to talk to others who've been through it;
*somebody* can get you a referral to a group, maybe a school counsellor, your mom, a pastor, a doctor or nurse.

If all else fails, tell the therapist that you want to try a group.

I'm sending you all my best thoughts.

Save    
chrisfranco

My dad died unexpectedly when I was 14, too. It's been 8 years. I'd be happy to talk to you if you'd like. Just send me an email (iamchrisfranco@gmail.com). Hope you're doing alright.

Save    
ajf

My Dad died when I was 12. You need to be there for the rest of your family. Be strong, you obviously are. You'll be a better person for it.

Save    
sallymint1_gmail_com

my dad died on thanksgiving when i had just turned 9 of a heart attack. i saw it happening but didnt realize what was going on so i didnt say anything. i felt awful when i found out. i thought it was my fault. i felt even worse. i was told later my our neighbor who was a heart doctor that nothing could have saved him. even though i know it wasnt my fault i still feel like it at times. this could be part of what youre feeling. just because you were the one giving CPR dont feel like its your fault. its been over four years for me now but i still get sad. when i feel sad this is what i do, i give advice to others going through the same thing. you could try it, it really helps. if you wanna email me my email is sallymint1@gmail.com

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Modern Homes Houzz TV: A Son Builds on His Father’s Architectural Legacy
Architect Anthony Belluschi updates and expands a home that Northwest modernism pioneer Pietro Belluschi designed nearly 60 years ago
Full Story
Kitchen Design 9 Questions to Ask When Planning a Kitchen Pantry
Avoid blunders and get the storage space and layout you need by asking these questions before you begin
Full Story
Working With Pros Working With Pros: When You Just Need a Little Design Guidance
Save money with a design consultation for the big picture or specific details
Full Story
At Capital Cabinets & Closets, we've built a reputation as an industry leader in full-service space management... Read More