My Dad Died last week unexpectedly

peanut29

My dad was 51, died last week while at work in a car accident. I have 3 brothers and we're pretty much lost with out him. Its settled down now, the wake and viewing for monday the 7th, over 500 people showed up for him, now its where theyre arent people over every minute of the day and im not sure what to do. Im also in college, and ill have to leave again shortly to go back and will have to leave my family. It seems like i think about my dad every second of the day, i just miss him.

SaveComment4Like
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Linda

Peanut Im so sorry for your loss. Your dad was very young, im sure you are all in shock. Its even more difficult when someone gets taken from us from a tragic accident. Go back to school, keep yourself busy. Your dad would want you to go on with your life. Your memories are with you forever. Soon the sad thoughts will turn to happy memories.

Save    
mav63_2007

Hi Peanut,
I am so sorry for you and your family.
Today is my dad's birthday, he died when I was 33 and I was devistated. It takes a long while to get over a death from illness but your dad dying in a sudden accident is a major trauma. It is going to take a long time for you to grieve and that is OK, crying is a good thing. Do well in college and make your dad proud of you, he is watching over you and sending his love.

Save    
sylviatexas1

I'm so sorry.
I think one risk at this point ("there arent people over every minute of the day and im not sure what to do") is sinking into sadness & inertia;

Keep yourself busy, physically as well as socially;
walk, jog, dance, exercise, to keep that oxygenated blood pumping.

Call on your friends & family to spend time with you, & as Mav says, do well;
do well in school & do well in life.

You are the next link in your father's chain of life.

I wish you the very best.

Save    
dimondbrandy_yahoo_com

Hi, I just lost my father on january 29 he was 55..im only 20 and I live about 2 hours. From home...my father was the most amazing dad he gave me the world when I was growing up..my story's a little different though. He suffered from alcoholism the past 4 or so years. My brother and I used to tell him the next time we saw him was going to be at his grave. I have cried a little but now im back at home alone, and its hitting me so much harder. But I still feel like I should cry more I want to and I need to I do love him so very much, and im erasing the passed few years from my memory. Im trying to accept that fact that he's at peace now, but I think my anger is still there and I want it to go away so I can finally start grieving......

Im sorry for kinda turning this into my story but I want you to know your lucky you can let it out..and it might be good for you to go back to school, as much as its going to suck the more you let it out I bet its easier to accept it and move on. Good luck with everything life will go on... and until you meet him up there he will never leave your side.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Landscape Design Try Slow Gardening for Some Unexpected Benefits
Why set your garden on the fast track? Here's how to relax and enjoy it in an entirely new way
Full Story
Most Popular The Unexpected Color That Goes With Everything
Move over, beige. Green is staking its claim as the freshest neutral around
Full Story
Kitchen Design Kitchen of the Week: A Dark Kitchen Brightens Up
A cooking space honors the past while embracing the present
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More