Does it ever get any easier?

alwaysbmommy2010

Does this grief thing ever get any easier? My mother died March 12th, 2010 and her birthday is coming up February 2nd. I miss her so much and loved her so much. She was my best friend and my greatest supporter. I just don't know how to go on without her. The funny thing is that I made it through the holidays without her just fine and now that we are so close to her birthday I just feel like I am coming loose at the seems. You would think as a 24 year old grown woman I would be handling this a lot better, but I am just simply not. How do I make this stop? How do I get through the next two months with my sanity intact?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pattycat42

Hi.I really dont think it ever gets easier I think in time you just learn to accept it.My mothers only been gone a little over 3 months and I still have more bad days than good ones.If you havent tried any counseling yet I would suggest giving it a try. I am in therapy and I think it helps a little.Dont worry about how your handling it.Your still young.Im 42 and I still cry and miss my mom everyday.She was the most important person in my life as I think your mother was with you.The tears we shed just prove how much we love them.Take care sweetie.If you ever want to talk,Im here.

Save    
nevergone

As time goes forward, it will get easier but you will always miss her. I lost my grandma that was like my mother when I was 14 years old, I'm now 24. Even after 10 years, I still constantly think about her and miss her very much. However, it is now much easier to think about her 10 years later than it was when she first passed. I've been telling everyone about the memorial I created for her that helps me to honor her life and I want to tell you as well. You can visit the memorial of my beautiful grandma at this link http://never-gone.com/memorials/hazel

You can also create one for your mother completely free by going straight to the website at http://www.never-gone.com.

Good luck to you and God bless.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.never-gone.com

Save    
sylviatexas1

I'm so sorry you lost your mom.

I don't think anyone is really prepared for that kind of loss, & age 24 is very young indeed to have to face it;
most people have their parents until they're (the children) maybe in their fifties.

Memorable dates always bring the loss back to the surface, & I think it's worse for the "personal" dates like birthdays;
we kind of know & brace ourselves for Christmas, but that birthday belongs to your mother personally.

When you start to feel overwhelmed by grief, it might help to consciously recall happy memories, times you spent with her, things she taught you to do, & to give thanks that you had her in your life.

& always, take care of yourself;
you're the next link in her chain of life.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Inside Houzz How Much Does a Remodel Cost, and How Long Does It Take?
The 2016 Houzz & Home survey asked 120,000 Houzzers about their renovation projects. Here’s what they said
Full Story
Moving How to Make Your Move Easier for Your Family
Say goodbye to a much-loved home and settle in quickly to a new place with these tips for transitioning
Full Story
Life 10 Smart Organizing Ideas That Make Life Easier
Rethink where and how you store household basics, from bills to baking supplies, to buy some time and save some headaches
Full Story