SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clc08_gw

Help please. Ditra Mat or Blanke over plywood for tile?

clc08
15 years ago

Oh no. Our 3/8" engineered wood came in and it is absolutely not going to work. Didn't even come from the same dye lot. Just can't live with it.

Cabinets have already been installed over plywood thinking we would use the 3/8" engineered. Granite has been templated. Called granite fabricator, and he said we could use Ditra Mat or Blanke underlayment over our plywood (crawl space) and not have to raise the cabinets or put down dura rock or whatever that stuff is called that you put tile on.

Our contractor-friend is coming tomorrow to help us. He said, just let me what you decide so I can bring the right tools.... We have Kraftmaid cabinets sitting on the plywood floor and will have a Bosch dishwasher. We were going to run the 3/8" engineered under the dishwasher so it didn't get walled in, like the former owners had done with the tile we just ripped out.

What are my options here? Can you actually use Ditra Mat over plywood for porcelain tile or travertine? Since we originally were looking for hardwood look (I never did want engineered...husband did and I caved)...would it just be easier to try to find something 3/8-1/2 that would work? What we got was Bruce Northshore Plank 5". 9 boxes were boxed all the same, but 2 boxes were different...it was obvious to me someone must have returned them...many bad spots and on some of the planks spots of sticky stuff...actually looked like dried coffee with sugar. GRRRR. We special ordered it from Lowes...

Thanks.

Comment (1)