SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

A bit of summer in winter, thanks to Lars

annie1992
12 years ago

I'm a bit late on this, but I got a box from California last week, from Lars. I wondered what could be in it, but not for long, because I couldn't wait to tear it open. Here's what I found:

Our winter has been surprisingly mild, the second mildest on record so far, and so there were no freezing temperatures to hurt the fruit, they arrived in perfect condition.

I promptly decided to make lime pie. Lars was so kind as to send me a recipe, but the store was closed and I had the ingredients for this one, so I made it for Sunday dinner because the kids were coming over. Not a bite was left:

amanda was also appreciative of the lemons, since she and I both like water with a wedge of lemon for flavor. I shared so she happily took 3 lemons home with her while I'm using up the rest.

Lars also sent lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves and some unidentified hot chilies, which Elery promptly claimed.

Thanks you, my dear, I greatly enjoyed every bit of your gift, as they are all things that I cannot grow here in Michigan, especially in February, and I shared them with people I love, so it makes it just that much better.

Ashley says to tell you she still remembers your movie too!

Annie

Comments (18)