SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlady6

Ways to help my dear Aunt

FlowerLady6
17 years ago

I have read some heart rending stories on here of your losses, since our dear Aunt on DH's side lost our dear Uncle, her husband of almost 60 years, a little over a week ago.

What I would like to know are some suggestions to help her as she grieves. She lives up north and we live way down south. We communicate regularly.

I've sent her a couple of letters. I'm trying to carry on like before. I've mentioned things that we loved about Uncle Wilbur and memories that DH has from his time spent with them on their farm when he was a boy. It's hard to know what to say, how to act, and I even feel guilty for our life that we still have. Life can change in an instant and each day we have with our loved ones is an opportunity to love and encourage each other.

I am thinking of sending her a gift basket and have some ideas of what to include in it. Do you have any suggestions there? I've thought of scented soaps, a nice scented candle or two, some note cards I make with photos of flowers from our gardens, a sachet filled with lavender and rose petals, some healing, calming herbal teas.

Thank you all for any input here. My heart goes out to all of you.

FlowerLady

Comments (8)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor