SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vidyaram

Lauzon's Cafe engineered wood

vidyaram
13 years ago

Hi all

We are going to get hardwood floors installed for our new construction homeÂs entire first floor through our builder. Our builder uses a local Mom and pop store and we want to support them and are wary of internet retailers too. My DH likes the quality of Lauzon/MirageÂs milling and wants to use that. Since their prices were high, the store owner suggested Lauzon Essentials line which is a lower end but the quality is still up to LauzonÂs standards. So, now that we can afford it, the problem is to choose the color. There arenÂt a whole lot of options. They have Red oak, Maple and Birch. DH likes Cafe Au lait in Maple. I am afraid that it wonÂt have a lot of variations because it is maple. I would like to see Red Oak in Café Au lait but it was not there in the sample board. In the same line, they have Santos Mahogany too but in engineered wood. I like the color of that but am afraid that engineered wood will dent easily. Is that the case? I also heard that you canÂt refinish engineered wood but can do that to hardwood even if it scratches and dents. I would love to hear your opinions on that and I saw LaurieÂs red oak post and it looks beautiful. Also, noticed that it was engineered wood and would love to hear your reviews. I also saw BR-111Âs Amendoim posted by someone. That looks beautiful too. But I have to check the prices through our retailer. You can see that I am thoroughly confused at this point. DH doesnÂt care about the looks as much as about the quality. So, it is easy for him to say yes to one after seeing only 6 samplesï

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH