SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Have you ever had a Hernia? :)

Oakley
14 years ago

Since the painters are here I'm kind of stuck back in this room on the computer, so I might as well share. lol.

I have a hernia! I'm in shock! Monday night I woke up with this intense pain that lasted only a minute or so, on the right side of my abdomen, under my ribcage. There is an egg size knot there. I thought it was a muscle I pulled, but I finally went to the doctor and he said it was a hernia! Oy.

He didn't make a big deal out of it, he said if it gets worse then I'll need to have it repaired and he gave me tips on how not to strain it so as not to aggravate the intestines.

When I told my dh this, he was angry because he sees hernias all the time with his clients and to him, it's a BIG deal. He said the doctor should have wrapped it. I say no because then it would hurt my breathing since I have asthma.

During the school year I watched my grandson twice a week, he came over on Sunday (9 months old) and I "kidnapped" him and held him most of the time. :) The next day I woke up with very sore arms because I was out of shape holding him. lol.

Egads, do you think this could have caused it?

Any other advice for me?

Comments (6)