SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kateskouros

lee industries vs henredon

kateskouros
14 years ago

i was about to order two henredon fireside sofas when i came across posts about lee. my interest sparked, i set out to sit on a few. i don't mean to sound snarky, but what is the big deal? out of the four sofas i found none were comfortable. granted, neither seemed to have the upgraded cushions but it really wasn't the cushions that i didn't like. can't place it really but i never got comfortable. the styling seemed dated and the fabrics so-so.

what am i missing? is there really something special here i'm just not seeing? has anyone had any experience with a henredon in comparison to lee? the henredon i'm planning to order has a kiln dried hardwood frame, 8 way hand tied springs and is made entirely in the US. the fabric is exceptional and i am able to select whichever feet/base, back and arm styles i'd like. i can of course select between a magnitude of cushion options but they are also switching out the three seat cushions for a single (for add'l nominal fee). when it's all said and done my "perfect sofas" are running $2770 each. they are 91" long, 42.5" deep.

i visited north carolina for a week last month and didn't really have any specific manufacturer in mind. but i sat on a lot of sofas and found myself liking the henredons. it wasn't until i got home and realized my two favorite chairs in the world ...each ten years old and looking exactly as they did on the day they came off the truck, are in fact made by henredon.

in comparison, i have a sofa made by council from that same delivery ten years ago that i would gladly donate or give away. fabric is shot and frame squeaks.

anyway, just posting my thoughts. i live in NJ so it's not like we don't have any furniture stores here ...just couldn't find any which carried anything by Lee that i thought came even close. not sure now if i was comparing fairly. i thought Lee would be in the same category (price, quality) with henredon.

i don't like to buy furniture that is shot after a few years. i have some time before i need to order ...about another month, so i'd love to hear any comments or your own comparisons. i've read so many great things about Lee here on the forum that i don't want to be unfair. it's just that from what i could see comparing the brands, Lee didn't stand up against the henredon.

ach. furniture shopping. love it and hate it at the same time!

Comment (1)