SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buy1soon

What's for dinner #267?

Terri_PacNW
16 years ago

Well this is last nights dinner. Tonights is in the oven.

{{gwi:1496536}}

Smotherd Rib Chops, Rice, green peas and sauted spinach.

Comments (101)

• Cloud Swift
    16 years ago

Lou, they are great, more please!

• Cloud Swift
    16 years ago

Even on my fast connection the WFD thread is starting to take a long time to load so maybe more veg animals should go on their own thread. Anyone know what the legs on the sheep are?

• Related Discussions

Raypak 267A Fan Malfunction

Q

Comments (4)
    The saga continues.After checking all wire connections the symptons have changed. The unit constantly recycles without a fan malfunction.It goes from being on to Spk after 10-15 sec of full burner and blower on I believe your lack of flame rectification may be right.What is a bond wire? IE fusible link. Maybe imbedded in the board? I talked to the gas company and their service pressure and volume has not changed. More help needed. Tks
    ...See More

What’s for Dinner #363

Q

Comments (103)
    So many great looking meals! Ann_t, how on earth you can’t love your salads I don’t know! They always look delicious. How wonderful to have so many lovely tomatoes. I get you aren’t a salad eater, but… my goodness! Petalique, I was hoping someone would post a pizza – I’m so hungry for pizza. Your tomato and zucchini looks incredibly tasty – don’t you love how great those ‘whatever we’ve got’ pizzas always come out?! Always a pleasant surprise! Artemis_ma, you never fail to surprise me; I’d never have thought to stuff a pepper with potatoes, let alone Indian spices – sounds and looks so good. I need to be more adventurous : ) Jasdip, your pasta and tomato meal looks the best to me and has my mouth watering : ) Something about that combination just tastes so good. I’ve not made that this summer… yet! I like that you used asparagus. Your pot roast is making me pretty hungry too – we love a good well-done, melt in your mouth roast. Only thing I don’t like is how the onions always melt down to nothing and I find myself searching for more in the DO! Neely, I don’t even know where to start – that steak sandwich looks delish, your soup/stew is wonderful (you always have such nice chunky veg!). I know what you mean about sometimes just needing vegetables! But you do know what caught my attention! Your fromage frais with the poached egg on toast! Looks marvelous! Nancyofnc, I do that too! (put labels on food for parties). Your tea sandwiches turned out so pretty – and I can almost taste the marmalade/ricotta! Those tomato ‘bugs’ are adorable and I bet they were a hit too! ETA: Sleevendog, for some reason your posts never show up for a while for me! Wanted to say that tomato pic... oh my gosh. That's all I can say! Speechless! Also, thanks for the help with sous vide - that black and blue steak salad below took me zero time to put together because the steak was already done except for searing - following your example : ) Thursday I wanted to grill, so gorgonzola burgers 3-bean bake, and grilled corn. That’s not a lettuce tree growing out of the burger, just an odd camera angle! Friday was busy, so poofed ribs – Ann_T’s recipe – so good! Made more Tunnel Bar-b-que sauce but didn’t thin it as much with Stubb’s and found it was more to our liking with that kick. Made DH some country baby kale (you know, cooked to death with bacon, vinegar, chicken stock). Saturday I needed veg, so black and blue salad hit the spot for both of us. Yes, that’s my plate. Yes, I eat that much : ) Sunday we had Mesquite Salmon with herbed mayo/mustard seed sauce, roasted cherry tomatoes (from my neighbor’s garden) with shallots and basil, and rice.
    ...See More

What’s in your pantry? (And can it become dinner.)

Q

Comments (16)
    Here is my orange vegan cake, from Allrecipes originally. I discovered it when we were having vegan friends for dinner but now I use it all the time. Ingredients 1 large orange, peeled (or sub 1 cup orange juice) 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup white sugar 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I have used corn oil or also melted butter but then it's not vegan) 1 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/4 tsp salt Directions Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan. Blend orange in the blender until liquified, measuring 1 cup orange juice (or just use 1 cup orange juice) Whisk orange juice, flour, sugar, vegetable oil, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. (I usually add a little dash of nutmeg and cinnamon to the batter, and then sprinkle a bit of cinnamon-sugar on the top before baking.)
    ...See More

What’s for Dinner #387

Q

Comments (102)
    Shambo, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I know he had some health issues and you were cooking low salt and healthy meals for him. I'm sending hugs and strong thoughts and prayers to your and your family. Jack, we are kindred spirits, I swear. When I make twice baked potatoes I'll make a whole sheet pan full of them, mine usually just has cheese, butter and sour cream, occasionally I'll add bacon. I freeze them and then package them usually two per package, Mother loves them and they're easy to heat up. Of course someone is always digging through my freezer to see if I have any, all of the grandkids and the kids love them and they make a fast and easy supper. Jasdip, as you know, I love potatoes in just about any form, so being able to grab a package quickly is a luxury. They are quite durable too, LOL. Neely, I have a pile of butternut squash in storage, if only I had a pile of prawns too! sleevendog, that looks pretty to me! Delicious too. No pictures here, today we had hamburgers! Tomorrow we're making sandwiches and having cake and ice cream for Madison's 9th birthday. No party this year, of course, but we bought her a hoverboard, so she'll be happy, even with just her folks and Elery and I. I baked a strawberry cake too, with sea turtles on top, her choice. I'll try to remember to take pictures, and hopefully she won't break an arm or a leg, riding the thing around the kitchen island or something... Annie
    ...See More
  • deborah_ps
    16 years ago

Marigene, those Almond Cakelets! Yes, I'll take one for now and one for breakfast please:)

Bubbe, what type of corn salsa did you use? Great idea!

I love breakfast for dinner Terri, and your plate reminds me that I need to make it again :)

Lou, what tricks don't you have up your sleeve? Those pictures are way cool.

I made a "Tuscan" salad with the rest of the asparagus, white beans, tomatoes, red onion, red wine vinegar & olive oil. Baked some sirloin meatballs and fresh baked bread. An easy and satisfying meal.

{{gwi:1496599}}

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

Do you think the legs of the sheep are cloves?...you know cloven hooves :)

• hawk307
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1496600}}

{{gwi:1496601}}

{{gwi:1496602}}

{{gwi:1496603}}

{{gwi:1496604}}

{{gwi:1496605}}

That's all for tonight
    LOU

• lsr2002
    16 years ago

Lou, what fun - I love the animals. Your shrimp dinner looks good too.

Sharon CB, I'm sending you good wishes and virtual chicken soup. I hope you feel better soon. In my opinion, sore throats really suck.

Renée, I love the idea of stuffing zucchini with a spicy corn salsa. Your spinach salad looks wonderful too, in fact, I'm wondering why you didn't just set a place for me.

Terri, I love breakfast for dinner.

Oh Marigene, I need a Mexican dinner - SOON!

Tonight was the only weeknight this week that Max was home for dinner so I made things I knew he would like.

I made what was in some respects my best loaf yet of the Art. in 5 bread.

I followed some high altitude suggestions and did get a higher, lighter loaf with more holes inside. The crust was great, thin and crackly. The downside, I used all bread flour and I prefer a cup of white whole white for a more rustic loaf. I also used the SAF yeast that I got in the bread camp gift exchange and that may have contributed to the better rise. This is the first time I have used SAF. The flavor was good. I don't know what happened with my camera, but the shots I took with the bread sliced all were orange and there was no correcting the color. Maybe the battery was running down or I inadvertently changed a setting. The sliced pictures were taken immediately after the whole loaf in the same place. I'm clueless.

We also had rare grilled steak, asparagus with Hollandaise, red pepper salad and a brown and wild rice blend drizzled with truffle oil. No dessert and no room for it anyway.

Lee

• lsr2002
    16 years ago

Just coming back to say how good your salad, meatballs and your bread look Deborah. That would be a meal we would love.

Lee

• happygram
    16 years ago

After reading your posts, I get a lot of exercise...right clicking to save stuff (recipes, pictures, and those wonderful food animals) in my computer.

You are inspiring and awesome. My husband would be so lucky to have a wife who cooks like you all do. I look around the kitchen and find absolutely nothing I'd like to make. I wonder why that is? Could it be that I'm always on the computer reading the Cooking Forum?????

• canarybird01
    16 years ago

Thanks for kind words...my cold will soon be over....as long as I can rest, it shouldn't last more than a few days.

Emily and Annie you both have a lot of snow! I hope it begins to melt away soon and the sun begins to shine!

Lou...nice that we share the same tablecloth LOL! Your shrimp looks good.
    I also received those vegetable photos in an email from my daughter. Cool eh?

Marigene I have to admit I've never had a taco !!! I bet they are tasty. Mexican food just hasn't become popular over here yet, although I see some of the ingredients in tins in import shops.

Bubbe you do make some great dinners and I love that you always have a salad to start.

Deborah that's a lovely Tuscan salad.

Lee I could go for some fresh asparagus right now....it's still too early here. And I love the look of your brown blended rice Mmmm.

I spent yesterday as a bona fida couch potato.....box of tissues on one side, woolen blanket up to my chin, two cats on top and a third one trying to climb on. Large bufanda around my neck and a pot of hot tea....just dozed all day...but woke up to see yet another episode of Sex and the City (comes every day here) LOL. Although it took me a long time to put up with some of the language they use. One needs a laugh sometimes after watching the news though.

So yesterday I opened a tin of chicken soup with pasta shells....despite that I have my own homemade chicken broth in the freezer....it was just so easy to open a tin and slice some bakery bread with ham and mustard. Then yoghurt, a pear and a banana for supper in the evening. Wolf was fine with that. I'm so lucky that he's so easy going with what we eat.

Weather today is mild with a covered sky and some sun. Spring is in the garden. We will have to go out in the car to do some grocery shopping in the afternoon. Maybe stop for a lunch somewhere first.

...Hot Chicken Soup

This morning in the garden: Osteospermum, Chinese Jasmine and Suzie on the lawn.

Is it really Friday again tomorrow?

SharonCb

• bubbeskitchen
    16 years ago

Thanks Sharon, glad that your feeling better. We start almost every meal with a salad. Great looking soup. Would you email me about your camera? I love your photos, but then you are a great photographer. Many on here would qualify for food photo shoots.

Deborah, I liked the looks of that Tuscan salad. The salsa is actually a jarred product from a favorite source (I am smitten by their poultry rub, given me years ago in a swap, I reorder it by the 1/2 dozens and give them away all the time). I am linking you below.

Lou, I have a book called "Play with Your Food" filled with photos like that. So funny!

Lee, yum on the breads!

Marigene, those almond cakelets, wow!

You dessert makers are going to get me in trouble soon..I have resisted baking but.......for how long can a person hold out?

Here is a link that might be useful: Condiment Link

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

Wow, do I have some catching up to do or what!

Let's see.... Deborah, your tart and pie look yummy. I'm wobering if I have any of last summer's peaches in the freezer. Really nice picture of your Tuscan salad...

Sharon, I would love to sit on your patio and have dinner, it looks very inviting. Sorry to hear you have come down with a cold....take care. The chicken soup should help.

Lou, I have seen people eat an egg in tomato sauce bur have never been able to do it myself.
    Love the veggie creations.

Terri, the banana snack cake I'd like. We enjoy breakfast for dinner occasionally.....maybe tonight.

Marigene...love those almond cakelets. Nice gift for your friend.

Bubbe, very nice dinner! I don't do zuchinni, but still...

Lee, that loaf of bread looks perfect. I have the 5 Min. cookbook coming. Kim's sister called last night and sang Happy Birthday to me and told me she ordered it along with another 'surprise' cookbook. Should be here any day.

I read about some tomatoes on someone's blog last week. When I asked at the grocery store, the produce guy said he had never heard of them. Stopped by the store on Tuesday and there they were. They have a very fresh flavor, ture tomato taste.

Kim made most of our dinner last night. She asked if I wanted to go out and I really didn't. So she hurried home from work bringing flowers and got busy in the kitchen.
    Just a simple tossed salad (with the strawberry tomatoes in it), green beans and Seafood Crepes (I helped by making the crepes) and for dessert, pudding sundaes. The pudding I had made earlier in the day so it had time to chill. It is so rich, it's like eating a gourmet ice cream. That's why I call the whole thing a sundae.

I'm doing these pictures small (just click on them for full size) as someone mentioned the thread was loading slow...

Nancy

• Terri_PacNW
    Original Author
    16 years ago

How sweet of Kim! I wish my HoneyLove would be that sweet!!!
    Please share your pudding recipe. I love pudding...LOVE IT!

• pat_t
    16 years ago

Sharon - only you can make canned soup look delicious!

Speaking of soup, I have a huge pot of veggie beef soup bubbling away happily on the stove right now. Made some wonderful focaccia to go with. It's from my baking textbook.

FOCACCIA (ROMAN FLATBREAD)

0.4 oz. (1 Tblsp.) granulated sugar
    0.4 oz. (1 Tblsp.) active dry yeast
    12 fl. oz. water, lukewarm
    1 lb. 2 oz. all-purpose flour
    0.3 oz. (2 tsp.) kosher salt
    3 oz. onion, chopped fine
    0.5 fl. oz. olive oil
    1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
    1/2 cup green pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped

1. Combine the sugar, yeast, and water. Stir to dissolve the yeast. Stir in the flour, 4 oz. (120 gm) at a time.
    2. Stir in 1-1/2 tsp. (7 ml) of the salt and all of the onion. Mix well, then knead on a lightly floured board or in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook until smooth.
    3. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover, and ferment until doubled.
    4. Punch down the dough, then flatten it onto an oiled sheet pan. It should be no more than 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Sprinkle the olives over the top of the dough, lightly pressing them into the dough. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) of salt. Let the dough proof until doubled, approximately 15 minutes.
    5. Bake at 400° F. until lightly browned, approximately 20 minutes.
    6. After removing from oven, brush with olive oil.

Source: Adapted by myself from On Baking, by S. R. Labensky with E. Van Damme, P. Martel, and K. Tenbergen.

• bubbeskitchen
    16 years ago

Only a couple of dinners posted since morning...so I am not behind for once. LOL
    Nancy, Kim cooked and brought flowers? Wow! Great photos, BTW
    Pat T, I have yet to make my own focaccia, but I am tempted.

Had to pack so we ordered in Chinese food. Yummy egg foo young, steamed spinach, and a seafood delight.

We are heading to Baltimore tomorrow morning for DGS's bar mitzvah and won't be back until Sunday late. I'm not bring my computer so I'll have to catch up.

Cook on, my friends.

Bubbe

• Marigene
    16 years ago

Catch up time, again....Ann your lamb shank looks so yummy even though I am not fond of lamb. The color is perfect. The ham sandwich is right up my alley, though!

Lee, I would love that omelet any time of day or night. That cake looks to die for. I love chocolate in any form, especially gooey! But that boule is something I would give up the cake for! Perfection plus.

Cloud, that boule is perfect.

Bubbe, the popcorn cauliflower is one of our favorites. I made a slight change after the first time making it, leaving out the sugar. It was too sweet for my taste, with it. I am so glad AM shared the recipe.
    Have a wonderful time in Baltimore.

Stacy, your quiche is gorgeous!

Ohiomom, your Southwest chicken chili looks delish!

Kathleen, I want to sink my teeth into that ham and cheese sandwich! Love the Bird of Paradise place setting, too.

Nancy, that coq au vin turnover is a thing of beauty! What a clever idea to use up leftovers. I had never heard of strawberry tomatoes....hope I can find some. Are they as flavorful as they look? Beautiful bouquet that Kim brought you.

Jim, Howard would love that steak done in a cast iron frypan.

Lou, don't think I could do the egg with spaghetti sauce, but I sure would enjoy the canolli!

Deborah, that sure is a nice looking tart, but, ohhhh that peach pie..... The Tuscan salad is making my mouth water!

Terri, thanks for reminding me that it is time to make the spicy chicken cakes, again. We also like to have breakfast for dinner every once in awhile, too.

Sharon, I have to agree, only you could make canned soup look palatable! Those dish are beautiful, love that shade of green.

Dinner tonight was spaghetti with meat sauce and a chopped salad. I made another 5-min boule but got impatient and put it in the oven before it rose to the proper height; also made a couple loaves of the walnut bread, which did rise beautifully. This is the third time I have made them, they are my favorites. I even shared and gave a loaf to a friend, this time!

{{gwi:1496619}} {{gwi:1496620}}

{{gwi:1496621}} {{gwi:1496622}}

• ann_t
    16 years ago

Lou, love those photos.

Nancy, Lovely dinner that Kim made for you. And flowers too.

Lee, great looking steak dinner.

Marigene, tonight's dinner looks good, but it is your Mexican dinner that I want.

Sharon, I'm glad your cold is going to be short lived. What could be better than chicken soup when you aren't feeling well.

We had chicken two nights in a row. Last night was a roast chicken dinner and tonight chicken legs roasted with potatoes, onions, lots of garlic, kalamata olives, lemons and tomatoes. Deep fried asparagus on the side.

• lsr2002
    16 years ago

Oh Nancy, Kim did a fabulous job on your birthday dinner and the flowers are lovely too - please tell her I said this. I would also like to know about your great pudding.

Renée, have a safe and happy trip to Baltimore.

Sharon, hope you are feeling better, nothing wrong with soup in such a lovely bowl. I can assure you that the asparagus I got did not come from around here but all the stores are having it on sale now. Safeway has it for $1.28 a pound starting today.

Marigene all your bread looks good, and now I have a craving for spaghetti.

Ann, I could certainly eat your two chicken dinners on consecutive nights. Deep fried asparagus! Wow!

I had two lightly fried eggs, a piece of toast and a tangerine - breakfast for dinner. Max had a late meeting. I don't cook on Fridays because I get home late, but I'm thinking ahead to cooking over the weekend.

Lee

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Here are 5 more:

{{gwi:1496625}}

{{gwi:1496626}}

{{gwi:1496627}}

{{gwi:1496628}}

{{gwi:1496629}}

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

Hey Lou, you forgot one....

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1496519}}

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

Put on your dancin' shoes Lou :)

Here is a link that might be useful: gams

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

never mind Lou,

Here is a link that might be useful:

• stacy3
    16 years ago

holy cow. i'm too late to comment on everything I missed! gorgeous mouthwatering meals goingon - while I've been slacking...:-)

Ann, those are gorgeous -but, I'm gonna start clucking if I don't switch it up a bit - :-)

marigene, i'm having fun with the 5 minute stuff too - although yours is much prettier. a couple nights ago, i made pizza with it.

nancy, you are so lucky - my produce manager isn't too receptive to getting new things...i asked for fingerlings once - they got them 2 months later, and had them for a week and never again since.

lee your presentation is always gorgeous and so is your bread!

last night we had chicken and dumplings. very good.

probably tonight too!

{{gwi:1496630}}

Stacy

• canarybird01
    16 years ago

Nancy those seafood crepes look just wonderful as does the whole meal and the flowers. You and Kim did a good job!

I could go for some of Ann's chicken dinners right now. I'll take some of the one with the gravy and peas. Oh I'm getting really hungry but don't feel like going into my kitchen. (cough cough...sniff sniff.)

Marigene you've convinced me that I should make spaghetti with meat sauce today for lunch. That sounds just easy enough for me at the moment. And with it a slice of your walnut bread please!

Yesterday we had to go out for groceries as Wolf likes to keep up his stock of German wurst and herring salad which we buy either at a German deli or supermarket. I also needed cleaning materials and fresh fruit. So we worked out a route with the car where we could first drop off our recycle bags, park and have lunch at the Botanical restaurant and then continue on afterward to the supermarket together without going too far out of our way. And we didn't want to walk this time.

What I though was an overcast sky in the morning turned out to be another African wind from the east, bringing higher temperatures than previous days and a dust haze that turned the blue sky white. It must have gone up to at least 25°C (77°F) by afternoon so it was pleasantly warm. We sat outside on the restaurant patio and listened to the clickety clack of the older Spanish men inside playing dominoes and drinking coffee, while beside us sat a group of Dutch ladies playing cards and sipping beer and wine.

I chose a chicken breast escalope with those wrinkled salty potatoes (papas arrugadas) with red mojo, salad, water and a glass of wine. Wolf took his favourite ham omelette with salad and shared the wrinkled potatoes, washed down with a warm beer....as is his custom (no cold beer for him thanks!) He had a cafe cortado and I decided to have a chocolate ice cream cone for dessert for a change!

Have a good weekend everyone and drive safely!

SharonCb

• disneyginger
    16 years ago

Everyone is having some very nice meals! And, the photos are making me hungry~

Yesterday I simmer down half of a chicken I had roasted a little while ago to make a nice rich broth. We had it with some homemade egg noodles. Dessert was a new recipe for Brownies, that was horrible. The whole pan is going in the garbage disposal.

I did remember to snap a picture of the chicken simmered down for the broth. Didn't get a finished photo yet. By the time I get the dinner to the table, I never remember to take a picture!

Here is the simmered roasted chicken for broth:

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

I can almost taste those chicken and dumplings Stacy, it looks very appetizing indeed!

There are the papas arrugadas I tried to make Sharon :) Mine were too salty though. Listening to the clickety clack of dominoe tiles while sitting outside sounds downright lovely.

Disneyginger...doesn't it just gripe you when things don't turn out? The waste of butter and eggs makes me cringe. But your broth should taste great!

• ann_t
    16 years ago

Stacy, Yum, chicken stew and dumplings is my favourite comfort food. And yours looks perfect.

Sharon, glad you are feeling better. At least well enough to go out for lunch. I wouldn't mind your chicken dinner or Wolf's omelette.

Ann

• Gina_W
    16 years ago

Wednesday I made a lentil, yellow split pea and kielbasa paprikash stew. It was yummy but didn't make a great picture. Fast too. Last night was Costco shopping. We had rotisserie chix and I made a baby greens salad with mint, chives, grape tomatoes and feta cheese.

Bought some oxtails at Costco - gonna make a big pot of soup tomorrow.

• Solsthumper
    16 years ago

Everything looks delicious.

No time to post pictures, but I had to take the time to wish Sharon a quick recovery.
    Sharon, just stick your head out the window, and let that subtropical air do the rest!
    Seriously, do take care.

Sol

• lyndaluu2
    16 years ago

As usual every one's food looks fantastic!!!!
    Love the Lamb Shanks, omelette, the chicken dishes, all the side dishes, etc.
    I going to be gone most of the day so made a Chicken, Asparagus Casserole for dinner tonight; will serve it with a tossed salad and crusty bread.

Linda

• hawk307
    16 years ago

I didn't know the Veggi Animal Photo's were slowing things down ???
    Apparently there are a lot of these on the Net. I didn't know this.
    So I won't Post them anymore.
    It sure was a waste of a lot of time, Posting them ,only to be taken off.
    Seems like there might be others, that would slow things down a bit more.
    LOU

• Terri_PacNW
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lou, I'm on cable, and they don't slow this thread down any more than any other photo for me....

They were cute. I'd seen the art before on something. or somewhere..but those were some I hadn't seen..cute cute, cute

Ann, I'm guessing those aspargas were just dipped into a thin batter and then popped into oil??? I just bought a bundle of very thin ones today...I usually either roast or eat raw..but that looks good!

Tonight will be Broccoli Beef...I'll attempt a photo..It's one you've got to plate and eat fast. :o)

• ann_t
    16 years ago

You got it Terri. I mixed up a little flour with a bit of corn starch. Seasoned it with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder and added a can of soda water for the liquid. Made a nice light batter. As soon as they came out of the oil I sprinkled them with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. They were so good. I like using the same batter with eggplant and with mushrooms.

Ann

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Terri :
    That's Ok, the Photo's were taken off the Post.

And I deleted all the others that I was going to Post.

If I knew they could be found on the Internet, I wouldn't have posted them.

A lot of other things; that are Posted here, can be found easily on the Internet also.

??????????????????
    LOU

• hawk307
    16 years ago

I forgot to mention.

About, the Eggs Cooked in Spaghetti Sauce ?????
    I've seen a lot of people put Ketsup on Scrambled eggs.

I'd rather have the Spaghetti Sauce, for dippin.

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

Uh, maybe that's why I found your eggs so appealing Lou :)

• ann_t
    16 years ago

Dinner was beef tenderloin with Shittake mushrooms over noodles.

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

Looks really yummy Ann. I can almost taste it.

Linda, Kim walked by and saw your casserole with the olives and said she would love that. I never make anything with olives for her ( I don't care for them)....but I have to agree it looks good.

We had fresh walleye and chips tonight. Beer battered.

Nancy

• Terri_PacNW
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lou, I think if memory serves,,,and it often doesn't..that I saw the "art" on a show a few years back. I think on PBS.

Sorry you felt you had to pull them.

Ann, I'm definately going to have to try that soon.

Your tenderloin looks delish!
    Nancy, the fish n chips looks yummy too!

• Terri_PacNW
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay I snapped this just after I turned the heat off.
    {{gwi:1496640}}
    Broccoli Beef

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Terri:
    I didn't pull them , off the Post. Someone else did.
    I just deleted all the other Photo's, I had saved in my Computer.
    Guess I won't be Posting any Wildlife Photo's either.
    And I thought everyone enjoyed them, what a dummy !!!
    LOU

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

Ann,I certainly agree with Nancy about being to almost taste your tenderloin noodles! Moe is a lucky, lucky man.

Nancy, my DH Tom never passes up a chance to order fish and chips...I've never made them :( I should try.

Terri, I'm drooling over your Broccoli Beef...Recipe please?

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

The meals look great..the breads too. Beef tenderloin, wow..
    Beer battered fish, too! Stacy, the chick and dumplings look good..how do you stay so thin!
    Sharon glad you are feeling better..
    Marigene, that looks great, and I love your ramekin..
    Lou, I love ketchup on eggs! not sauce though, plain ketchup!
    Terri, I have a piece of beef marinating, making that or beef and snow peas Monday..

• hawk307
    16 years ago

Deborah ps: Sorry , I didn't look into all of the Threads, you posted, yet.
    Thanks for Posting them.
    Kathleen:
    I thought you liked Spaghetti Sauce.
    Lou

• disneyginger
    16 years ago

The pictures on this thread are really fantastic.

We stopped on our way home from shopping and got hoagie sandwiches. I had a ham and roast beef combo and my husband had ham and turkey. We considered it "dinner", since we were so full afterwards.

Tonight we've decided to light the fireplace, have a couple of really cold good beers, some pretzel rods, and watch some movies we picked up at Blockbuster.

We haven't had a cold beer, pretzel rods, or taken time to watch a good movie in a long time. We've been laughing that this must be "date night for the old folks at home"!

• homesforsale
    16 years ago

Everything looks wonderful..
    I was supposed to be out for dinner and am in..due to more snow..:(

So I have the night off..Had to come and see all the talent and inspiration:)

I must admit the alfresco table setting of Sharon's is pushing me over the edge..~
    Funnily enough ..I've loved this winter..it's flying by even with almost 10 ft of snow this yr..

But seeing the tablescape outside..
    Makes me yearn for summer.
    Beautiful!

• ann_t
    16 years ago

OOOOh Nancy, your fish and chips looks like it came from one of our Fish and Chip Shoppes. Perfect.

Monique nice to see you posting here. But where are your beautiful photos?

I had Moe put a small rack of pork in the oven before I got home from work so it didn't take long to get dinner on the table.

• lyndaluu2
    16 years ago

Nancy,
    The fish and chips look yummy....
    Here's the recipe
    Chicken Asparagus Casserole
    Nonstick cooking spray
    1 can cream of asparagus soup (I used fresh cooked asparagus; about 12, and cream of chicken soup)
    1/2 can milk
    1/2 pint sour cream (1 cup)
    12 corn tortillas (I use white corn)
    8 chicken breast halves, cooked, shredded into bite-sized pieces (I cook mine in the oven 350 for 40 mins with salt and pepper on them; more flavor that way)
    1 can green chilies, diced (I use the hot ones, we like it that way)
    1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded (I use mozzarella; less calories) and just sprinkle a 1/4 cup of cheddar on top.
    1 can ripe olives, sliced
    Spray a 9 x 13 pan with the nonstick spray. In a bowl, combine soup, milk and sour cream (and asparagus). Cover the bottom of the pan with a layer of soup mixture, then 2 layers of tortilla's' a layer of chicken, a layer of green chilies, then a layer of cheese; repeat.
    Sprinkle with sliced olives. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Enjoy...........

Linda

• stacy3
    16 years ago

oh Ann, your gravy looks so good - I can almost taste it.

and I agree about nancy's fish - frying ain't my thing...that photo makes me wish I could...

we are busy getting the firepit out - it's about 40 today and we have about a foot of snow on the ground - melting fast. So tonight we're having a winter campfire. Hot dogs and smores. :-)

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

Ann, when you say Moe put the rack of pork in...do you prep it , leaving a note as to the temps and such or does Moe do some of the cooking also?
    It sure does look delicious!

• ann_t
    16 years ago

Deborah, Moe doesn't do any cooking. But he is good about putting something in the oven and he is good about taking something off the stove if I start something before I leave for work.

Although he actually did do a little prep work for the pork. I had presalted it the night before and then before I left for work I unwrapped it to let it air dry in the fridge. And I left Moe instructions to rub a clove of garlic over a microplane and rub it on the roast along with lots of fresh ground black pepper before putting in the oven. He did this about 1/2 an hour before I got home so the roast was almost cooked.

Ann