SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paucie

Are we basically just screwed with this carpet?

paucie
15 years ago

Less than one year ago, we had frieze carpeting installed throughout our second floor. We got it through Carpetland, and I believe this carpet was their house brand.

We never wear shoes on the second floor, however, that hasn't mattered a bit in the wear that's already showing. In two places in particular (entrance to the MB and the area in front of the changing table in my daughter's room), the carpet is extremely matted down. So much so that no amount of vacuuming helps bring it back.

An "inspector" is coming this week to look at it, but I also asked the sales person to send me a copy of the warranty. Ummmm, it looks like the warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on! They've basically excluded just about everything from coverage!

I'm really miffed about this because I was totally on the fence about this frieze or a flat, Shaw carpet (which was more expensive). The sales person ASSURED me that this stuff wouldn't show wear. She was even encouraging me to put it on our stairs! Thank GOD we didn't do that, or I'd really be livid.

What is this inspector going to be looking for?

What do I need to be sure to point out?

Is this just going to be a waste of time?

Ugh.

Comments (17)