SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacy_gw

Need expert's opinion on vinyl sheet choice

jacy
14 years ago

After much angst I've decided vinyl sheeting is the optimal choice for my kitchen redo. That said, the displays are just overwhelming me and I get nothing but snobbery from the local tile mega-outlet staff. I'm hoping to narrow down my choices a bit here so I can go back better armed, get color samples and make my selection. There are just so many displays I'm lost where to begin.

FWIW, my upper cabs are painted white, base cabs are chocolate cherry, Kashmir white granite, white subway backsplash, molding/trim painted white and wall paint is yet undecided but I am leaning toward cool blue/green rather than warm yellow/green.

It's a heavily trafficked kitchen, with direct entry from the outside in a full four-season climate so I'd like a pretty good quality but don't need ultra-premium as it's just not an ultra-premium house. Three teens, no pets. I'd like a stone look, lightish greige marbling, with grout lines of 16x16 if possible. Does such a thing exist?

While exploring floor options I picked up some Permastone (?) and DuraCeramic tiles whose overall finish I liked -- very textured, no gloss, a really nice look. Is that practical or even possible to try and obtain in sheet vinyl, especially in a light color? I would think all that texturing would trap fine dirt and grit and require scrubbing.

Thanks for any pointers.

Comments (6)