SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rdw829

Avalon Flooring, Lumber Liquid. or HD / Lowes?

rdw829
11 years ago

We are about to purchase our HW floors (kitchen and floor renovation) - and I am looking for opinions on where to purchase from.

We have decided on solid hardwood and not laminate or engineered.

Any reviews on Avalon Flooring and tile? They have a Homduran Mahogany that we like, which is sold under their own label.

Lumber Liquidators - we liked the strand bamboo, but I read AWFUL reviews - here and elsewhere - about formaldehyde issues. The Bellawood floor that we liked there is more $$ than we would like to spend.

Home Depot or Lowes - they seem to have nice choices in our price range - but I thought I had read posts (which of course I can't find now!) - not to buy from there - but WHY?

Any help would be appreciated. We seem to like the darker / stained colors, but I obviously want to choose something that will be durable and last a long time, and that can stand up to two small (and growing) children, as well as a cat (and 2 adults).

We were hoping to be around $4/square foot, but looks like we are tapping out at $5/square foot. (not including quarter round or baseboard - to be determined).

HD seemed to have some nice options around $3-$4/sq. foot, but if there is a reason not to use them, I would like to know that.

We need about 900 square feet. (800 square feet of flooring - contractor told me to order at least 900 square feet)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022