SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_flynn

Pouring Cement Floor in Existing Shed -- Help

Pines Everywhere
11 years ago

I have a shed that was a pigeon coop years ago. Most shed-owners in my neighborhood think it is structurally sound and I agree. However, I would like to update it from just garden/tool storage to a place for heavier equipment and I want to minimize unwanted critter entry under the now wood flooring. Is it possible to do the following for this 32 x 9 structure versus tearing the whole thing down and starting over:

- remove the existing flashing/aluminum skirting around the base perimeter that is affixed to the T1 siding

- dig around the existing perimeter to investigate the footings and lower support rails, see if there are cement support blocks blah, blah,

- Remove a large 6' Window and cut T1 out to create new wide door opening and access for cement guys

Can cement be poured by professionals if I do all the above? Also, if anybody knows, will I compromise the integrity of the structure if I do this?

Trying to save $$ and not tear the thing down. Next post I'll attempt to upload some photos. Thanks in advance.

Comments (15)