SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Haircolor - Lowlights anyone?

IdaClaire
13 years ago

I'm strongly considering having lowlights professionally done. I've been DIY'ing with the single-process color for so long now, and can just never seem to get the shade right on my own. The first few days, the L'Oreal stuff I've been using looks good to me, but it very quickly takes on a brassy hue that does not suit my complexion at all. I think I just need to infuse my head with some soft darker blonde tones - but I've never had this done. I've only ever been professionally highlighted, and I wish I'd kept going to the professionals and hadn't started coloring myself at home. Blonde is just tough to get right when DIY'ing, I think. I want to remain blonde - I just don't wanna look like a cheap blonde, ya know? ;-)

I love the tone-on-tone blonde she's wearing:

Also love the caramel tones in this lowlight job:

I've found a salon that's very near my house where I plan to make an appointment for a consultation. I knew this place was there but had never stopped in, and I'm reading rave reviews online. Sounds like they are color experts and also come highly recommended for knowing how to expertly cut curly and wavy hair (which I have). I'm excited about the prospect of what they may be able to do for me! (Just emailed and received a response from the owner, who says he'll have someone call me tomorrow - they're closed today.)

Anyway ... just wondered if any of you ladies have ever had lowlights, and if so how you liked them. What kind of maintenance was involved? Any input you can offer from your experience would be appreciated!

Comments (19)