SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sonepi

Advice: Companies that do Garage Cabinets, like Smart Garage

sonepi
15 years ago

I just had one company come give me an estimate for "building" and reorganizing my garage. They did a reorganization of an inside closet to more of craft shelving and storage about 2 years ago. They did a good job and now I want something done to my garage. It was Closets By Design, but they are similar to California Closets. I decided to try companies that also just deal with garage storage. My estimate includes three 8-9 foot, 48" cabinets attached to wall studs and raised off floor and one 8 foot "work bench" with cabinets, 3 drawers and full laminate top. Estimate was about $2700. All the clutter being out in open is driving me crazy.

I have it currently on steel open shelves with MDF shelves, but the different sizes of bins and buying bins that end up not fitting (my problem, I forgot to check), makes me want something that is easily adjustable without having to take the entire shelving unit apart. Any other options that would close it off to look symmetrical would also be an option, I was thinking about those sliding "barn" doors on tracks. It does not have to be a custom storage system, just something, nice, easily adjusted and neat.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these types of companies? Construction-wise, what should I look for so far as material used, melamine vs MDF vs powder coated welded steel? This if a garage in TX (not a lot of cold weather) that I use for storage and workshop for woodworking and crafts. Thanks for any advice.

Comments (12)