SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

anyone use an iced tea maker?

vacuumfreak
15 years ago

I had something really scary happen today. I boiled water to make a pot of tea. Then the phone rang and I got busy talking and dashed out the door to go to Target. More than halfway there (about 15 minutes into the drive), I realized I'd forgotten about the water on the stove. I quick called my upstairs neighbor to ask if he heard my smoke alarm going off and he said no. I couldn't turn the car around fast enough... I wanted to drive in the grass. I was so upset I was shaking! I finally got home and the water hadn't quite boiled dry yet, but it was getting close. I can't imagine what would have happened if I'd burned down an entire apartment complex. Scary!

So... I bought an iced tea maker with AUTO OFF feature... just like my iron. I can't trust myself anymore. I washed all the parts in the sink (it's not dishwasher safe), and ran two cycles of plain water. I made a pitcher of tea and it tastes like plastic! Any clues on how to clean this thing so that tea will taste like tea? It's like a tall coffee maker with a 3 quart pitcher. Or should I march this thing back to the store for a refund and buy some marbles for my head (or a LOUD timer)?

Comments (17)