SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwrede

Our Rift & Quartered white oak floors -Pictures

mwrede
15 years ago

I have been reading the forums for a while now.

Our new floors are in and I wanted to post some info and pics.

We went with 5" rift and quartered select white Oak from Graff Bros and used a custom blended Duraseal stain and 2 coats of Traffic satin finish. We also refinished our red oak stairs with the same color (added the rift/quarted in the landings).

Now we have to refinish the lower level (2 1/4 regular white oak) to match.

We are in NC and the company we used was VERY competitive in it's prices.

Cost : $8.71/sq ft

Material $4.31/sq foot including tax (would have never gotten this price if I hadn't found the hurst hardwood site- thanks ccoombs1!)

Istallation $1.75/sq ft

Sanding $1.95/sq ft

Stain $0.20/sq ft

upgrade to Bona Traffic $0.50/sq ft

(After reading the forum I was planning to order Taylor lumber brand flooring from Hurst Hardwoods at $3.99/sq +$200 for shipping but our flooring guy was able to bacically match the price with the Graff Bros product through his distributor Horizon Products so we went with it.)

For a while I was looking at prefinished and even handscraped floors but it was so hard to find at the exact color/look that i wanted. I am so glad I went with the site finished floors even though they took 4 days to sand and finish and a lot of heartache to get them to look just right.

In any case we would have never been able to have our floors if it wasn't for all the information i learned through these forums so thank you everyone!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Floors

Comments (3)