SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pdxpean

Help me choose a sofa.... Jonathan Louis vs Thrive

PDXPean
10 years ago

Jonathan Louis Burton sofa was in a local store.

http://www.kittles.com/Jonathan-Louis-International-Burton-Sofa/472293-1039/ItemInformation.aspx

Comfy, we both liked it, many fabric choices and around $1050 after tax and delivery. Their website doesn't provide much information and it left me hesitant to purchase it. I emailed the local furniture store who provided me these details about the sofa:

Frame construction North American lumber frame,high quality all solid hardwood. Stress joints reinforced w/corner blocks,wood glue, and high pressure stapling.Cotton and Dacron polyester padding outside arms and rails.Trim flex padding on front rails.Benefits:prevents warping and distortion.Prevents spliting and cracking.Prevents upholstery fabric from coming into contact with wooden frame.
Coil construction-No sag suspension 8.5 gauge sinuous steel wire,evenly(4"centers)spaced.Secured to front and back of frame with Teflon coated metal clips.Springs are bound with paper coated cross wires. Benefits:Adds stability to weight distribution and promotes even seating. Prevents the rub of metal on metal:thus eliminating 'squeaking'.Maintans even weight absorption for consistent ride.
Padding & Ergonomic-5"1.8 density.Hi resiliency foam core with Dacron wrap super Plush Seating. 1.9 Density, plant based,polyurethane foam core.Foam core is encased and channeled, fire resistant down proof bag filled with silicone coated blown fiber.Benefits:Luxurious softness with maximum shape retention. Deep comfort combined with enhanced durability combined with green technology.Allows user to "flip cushions.
Warrenty---5 Year on Seat cushions.Limited lifetime Warrenty on Springs and Frame construction.(Base is 5"/Cushion measures 9")

Thrive Furniture Madison

http://www.thrivefurniture.com/madison-sofa/

I love the look of the Madison much more than the Burton. Quality built though they use sinous springs not 8-way hand tied. Much more expensive though. Lifetime warranty on the frame and springs and 3 year on the cushions, which are down wrapped with down-proof ticking. Kiln-dried hardwood (salesperson for Burton did not say it was kiln-dried). 2" thick base frame. Reinforcing blocks. Mortise and tenon or dowelled joints depending on the line.

What would you choose and why? Thanks!

Comments (6)