SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stinky_gardener

Update on sister...good news!

stinky-gardener
13 years ago

Some of you asked that I keep y'all updated regarding my sister's progress.

The last I posted, I told y'all that in addition to the breast cancer found, "something" was discovered on her lung via her pre-admission chest x-ray & that her mastectomy was cancelled pending further testing. Last week a fine needle aspiration determined that she does have an adenocarcinoma on her lung. The two cancers are independent. Neither is a result of metastisis. Both cancers are small, about 2cmm.

Yesterday, my sister told me that the PET scan, a full body scan, did not show anything other than the two areas we already knew about. This is very good of course, & both cancers still appear to be very small and localized. Yay!

The only thing scheduled now are Pulmonary Function Tests for Friday afternoon. Her docs need to talk and decide when their procedures (lung & breast surgeries) will be done. The thoracic surgeon really wants to move quickly & to at least do the lung surgery next week. Peggy & her husband would like to have both the breast & lung surgeries done at the same time, but don't know at this point if that will happen.

Waiting for details continues to be hard for them. Will let you know the date/dates for surgery when I know them as I will be asking for prayers!

Thanks again for the interest, stories, information, support and prayers. I am feeling optimistic and trust that all will work out for the best.

Comments (16)