SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rmkitchen

need help finding screen for Majestic Chateau 38'

rmkitchen
16 years ago

Well, after combing this fabulous forum and then doing research, we decided earlier today to get Majestic Products' 38" Chateau direct-vent gas fireplace. I called the wonderful store (talk about awesome customer service!) where we'd seen it to have them order it and it turns out Majestic Products doesn't offer fitted / attached screens. ???

I'd also been looking at Heat-n-Glo's Escape, which offers a fitted screen and Fireplace Xtraordinair's FPX 36 CF (which has the most fabulous flame, only its venting is too farchadat for our situation). In truth, I would've been thrilled with either of these except 1) they, including installation, are more than twice as much as the Majestic Chateau (also including installation), and 2) my local distributor of both Heat-n-glo and Fireplace Xtraordinair has a horrible customer service reputation. From more than one (disgruntled) former customer I've heard stories about the wrong fireplace / accessory arriving or arriving damaged and the store responding "tough." Pretty neat, huh?

But now that I'm finding out Majestic doesn't offer attached screens I'm all of a sudden rethinking my choice. I've got two little bitty kiddos, and even though I'll do other childproofing, I'd really been counting on that screen as a "last-resort."

So, does anyone know of a source for finding a pre-made screen or having one custom made? I really want one which is attached to the fireplace.

Thank you!

Comment

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living