SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
massagerocks_gw

what is causing my newly stained wood floors to discolor in the s

massagerocks
15 years ago

hope i can explain this, tried to get a pic without success.

We have Bruce oak floors in kitchen, foyer and hallways. In January, we had the carpeting in two adjoining removed and new oak floors installed, They sanded the existing floor and then finished the entire flooring (new and existing). It had to be re-done (last coat) due to issues with spots, and some alligorating, but in the end, although not perfect, we are pretty happy with the results. The stain is a beautiful warm walnut color.

But now, we are noticing a discoloration on random pieces in the grooves between two boards, sometimes spilling over onto the top of the plank.

The first time i noticed it, I thought someone had spilled something cream colored on the floor and left in the grooves. It has now appeared in several other places (both old and new).

There is a light cream color appearing but the finish is smooth. It is not peeling. The discoloration is underneath the coating, only in the seams but sometimes a lttle bit over onto the top of the plank.

We have been anal about taking care of the floors as per directions given us. We wear only socks, wash only with water on almost dry microfiber type mop, spot clean with Bona wood floor cleaner.

Guy is coming out over Easter, but stated over the phone that sometimes this is "natural", so I'm worried. Ive had wood floors in 3 homes and never had anything like this.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what is causing this, I'd like to have some info before the guy comes out.

thanks.

Comments (3)