SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kats_gw

'Quality' counter height tables- Is it possible?

kats
16 years ago

Does anyone know of a furniture brand that makes a true quality counter height dining table?

DH and I have been looking for weeks now for an all wood counter height dining table. One that seats 8 people (60" x60" x36"H) though a 6 person would work. We want one for our dining-nook area for two reason...

1... it is right next to my island that will have 4 or 5 counter height chairs and I want people to be able to look eye to eye and talk while seated in both locations.

2... we have an amazing view and I'd like the nook chairs to be up just a bit for the maximal view.

Problem is....We cannot find any brands that are real wood (without veneer) or sturdy (even heavy). All that we've looked at could easily be shaken with just one hand. They all were put together with screws or glue and most were made in China.

Yesterday I spent the entire day searching and came across two brands, Bernhardt and Schnadig. Each made a table that might work (but not really our style) if we cannot find anything else.

Does anyone have a clue where we might find something like the table pictured below? It would be the perfect table if it was done in counter height (I have emailed them to see if it can be special ordered)....

{{gwi:1525429}}

Comments (9)