SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
princessamyron

Laminate Problem

princessamyron
17 years ago

Greetings - I"m in the process of a major remodeling job and I've run into an unexpected problem w/my flooring and hope you experts can lend a hand!

I have Bruce and Armstrong laminate wood flooring in my whole house. The kitchen/dining room is one part, then a sunken living room, then back up a step to the hall to the bedrooms. The pattern/style is from the early 2000's and I can't seem to find a match.

I have 2 spots in my kitchen that need flooring (they were previously covered by something and will not be now) and I ripped out a closet in my hall and will have a larger space needing flooring there.

My question is this: Do I just rip out all the laminate in the hall and use it for the kitchen, and if I do that, what would I use for the hall? Other laminate, tile, what? I'm anti-carpet (too many hairy pets) so that's out!

If I rip out the kitchen/dining room (which seems smarter since it's a straighter area to redo), then what in the world would I put there that would go w/the laminate in the sunken living room? I could use the extra kitchen/dining room stuff to repair the hall I think, so that might work.

Any thoughts?

This needs to be pretty easy and inexpensive as this is already costing me a fortune with all of the creeping expenses and unexpected stuff popping up that was WAY over my 'surprise' portion of my budget!

Thanks in advance - lauren

PS Pictures would be great, if you have any to share!

Comments (2)