SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cloud_swift

Easy desserts for nice dessert spread

Cloud Swift
15 years ago

Here's the situation. My grandson is due some time in the next few weeks. Since we are Jewish, we will hold a bris 8 days after the birth. I also just took my last chemo treatment. We are hoping the birth will be a bit later rather than earlier but it will be what it will be so I may be trying to help get ready despite some chemo side effects (which aren't too bad but still slow me down).

A dear friend has offered to host it at her house. Also, she just took an appetizer class from the person that does most of the local kosher catering so she is excited about making appetizers. Otherwise I was going to just do desserts. So now we will have an appetizer and dessert thing.

My son (the father at the mom's request) may make meringues or almond macaroons with lemon curd (weather permitting - its been a bit rainy lately - maybe that can be changed to lemon curd squares if it is too damp for egg white behavior).

I'm thinking of doing 7-layer bars which are easy and good (one of the few things with coconut that I like). But I've misplaced my recipe. So if someone has one I'd appreciate it. This is for something where you dump the ingredients into the pan (it includes chocolate chips, coconut and evaporated milk) and it cooks into bar cookies.

Also hermits (because my son the father especially likes them).

The attached recipe for Double Chocolate Malt Tarts looks easy and good too. Does it look okay to others?

Any other suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: Double chocolate malted tart

Comments (8)