SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myhome1889

wood insert recc: anyone have a QuadraFire 5100 or Pacific Summit

myhome1889
18 years ago

Hi there.

I'm thinking of installing a large model wood insert in my fireplace and was hoping anyone with experience with either the large Pacific Energy Summit model or the Quadra Fire 5100 model might be willing to offer their advice/experiences. Its hard to choose.

The Quadra Fire heats up a whopping 3500 sq ft for about $2800. The Pacific Energy heats up 3100 sq ft at $2200. They both have pros and cons that are appealing: The Quad is supposedly more efficient, while the Pacific offers a long term burn technology.

In short, anyone who has experience with either model: your troubles, joys, rants and raves would be very much appreciated before we empty our wallets shortly.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

• Xanndra
    18 years ago

There are several threads on both of these inserts.

Do a search and they will come up.

• myhome1889
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Xanndra,

Thanks...but unfortunately none of the posts deals with the largest Quad insert model.

I've found lots of material on the Pacific. Very little on the Quad. Perhaps because it's such a large model (it heats 3500 sq ft). But we have that amount or more in this old Buffalo house we bought last year.

If you have any information on it, I'd be happy to hear it. I'd largely like to find out if it really does heat up 3500 sq ft, or whether its too much of a beast too handle since as far as i can tell, unlike the Pacific, it doesn't have an automatic air control function.

The Pacific has the EBT (Extended Burn Technology)...which I'm very attracted by. But the Quad has even more sq footage...and a much better view. It is, at the end of the day, a better looking unit that has even more muscle. That's my hope. But I fear it's too much to really hope for.

Though at the price, you ought to get both!

Thanks!