SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chibimimi

Substitute for Loving Care?

chibimimi
11 years ago

My hoard of Loving Care will soon be depleted, and I'm looking for something to switch to once it's all gone.

Since my hair is highlighted (both by nature and by my hairdresser), any haircolor I use cannot "lift" the color -- that is, it cannot lighten it by opening the hair shaft to receive the color. Most permanent and semi-permanent hair colors do this. It used to be that any haircolor that uses developer did this -- is this still true? Clairol used to label their color lines as Level 1, 2, or 3, depending on how permanent it was. Loving Care was a Level 1.

What I like most about Loving Care aside from the color is that it leaves my hair in great shape, feeling much healthier and better behaved than in its natural state. I could also mix two colors together to get a more natural look.

So, can anyone recommend a good non-permanent hair color that both covers the gray and conditions the hair without stripping any natural color? I would need blonde tones, preferably a beige and a golden. I don't mind using it frequently.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!