SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlc712_gw

Shoot me now :)

jlc712
14 years ago

In the past three days, I had three different people tell me "You look so worn out", "I can tell you're stressed out by looking at you", and "You looked pretty bad Monday morning."

I have been going through an incredibly stressful time at work. Over the past five months, we have had an extensive HR investigation. Four of my dear friends and coworkers for the past 15 years have been placed on leave pending termination. IMO, it was a ridiculous witchhunt with many, many mistakes made. I have been interviewed and reinterviewed by HR and the attorney general's office. I have met the defense attorneys, etc. Each day I have to force myself to walk in the door. I am having tons of anxiety and physical symptoms. So, yes, I am probably looking tired.

Now comes the best part. I made an appointment to get my hair done. I am a redhead with long curly hair. My color naturally is dark copper red, but it has started to fade as I age, and I have been getting darker red lowlights occasionally. My stylist went a little bolder today-- okay, quite a bit bolder. She put in a lot of lowlights, and they are dark auburn. It is darker than I would have liked, but since it's red, it will fade pretty quickly. I haven't even washed it yet.

So I had it pulled up in a ponytail, and my DH got home. The first words out of his mouth.....

"What happened to your hair???"

So much for the self esteem boost....

Thanks for listening to this wandering rant,

Jen

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!