SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Need Advice on Decorating Front & Back of Tall Fireplace - PICS!

eldemila
14 years ago

We put in an offer on this house on Friday, accepted Saturday and if all the inspections go well, it will be ours (will know probably Friday)

When you walk in the front door, the back of the fireplace greets you. The ceilings are high in the foyer and the living room on the other side, making a lot of brick and not quite sure what to do with it.

If you have a set-up like this, can you tell me how you've decorated it, or post pictures if possible? Or, if you have some suggestions, please share those. I don't know what kind of proportions one should go with when it comes to a tall fireplace like this and with the entry way, is it better to just keep the "less is more" attitude, and what may look good to put in that area besides a framed picture?

Also, as you can see from the pictures, the mantel that is on the front of the fireplace is quite ugly - what should I consider putting there instead??

I can't measure the height, but it's over 5" wide from the back. It indents on the sides somewhere over 2ft in the foyer

Entry way - you walk in and bam, there's the back of the fireplace!

{{gwi:1523695}}

Side view in foyer

{{gwi:1523696}}

Livingroom view

{{gwi:1523697}}

{{gwi:1523698}}

Thanks in advance to all for replying!!!

Comments (2)