SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marys1000

Stickley sofa, price est seems low? now second thoughts on reuph

marys1000
16 years ago

I've been toying with the need for a new sofa for several years - I'm VERY slow at making decisions. I keep going back and forth between new and not only reupholstering my old one but seeing if they can sort of rebuild it.

I thought I would ballpark price highest quality and the decision would be easy because it would be soooo out of my ball park. - to me I thought Stickley. An Alexendria (which looks very much like my current Penn House) with a medium quality tapestry was ball parked over the phone at about 2900.

That;s not cheap for my budget anyway, but I was thinking it would be more like 6,000+ Where did I get that idea? Is this price weird? I thought the decision to reupholster would be more of a no-brainer but now I'm wondering.

Several months ago I did some reach and decided on the reupholster I would probably use (I've only lived here 9 months) but have not gotten an estimate but figure to reupholster my Penn House, new springs in cushions, and generally try to make firmer would be what.....1500?

Wouldn't the Stickley be significantly better? Of course I have to consider that I would probably end up bumping up the price for additions like denser cushions or something.

Anyway - While more than double redoing my old couch Stickley didn't seem as high as I thought it would be. A few years ago I herniated a disk and my couch really bothers it. Of course its 15 years old. I'm not sure exactly when I'll budget this but hopefully sometime within the next 12 months and so I want to have a decision in place (as much as that is possible for a waffler like me:)

Comments (5)