SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lookingonthebrightside

Another Wedding Gift Question

texanjana
10 years ago

DH and I are now of an age where adult children of friends and acquaintances are getting married. My question concerns all of the wedding invitations we have begun receiving. I have no issues around shower/wedding invitations from kids of people we socialize with on a regular basis-local friends, neighbors, etc. I always happily buy a gift in these instances.

However, of late we have received three invitations (not announcements) to out of state weddings from adult children of people we knew years ago in other places. In one recent instance, we hadn't seen this family in years nor kept up with them through social media, etc. I sent a card and did not feel bad about it.

We have now received two more. These are from college friends who we are not close with, but who we do keep up with through social media. We will not be attending these weddings (they are several states away), so would you send a gift, card, money, anything? It's strange because I think if it were one of our kids getting married, I would never add these people to the guest list, and I guess that irks me a little. It seems like a request for a gift. Thanks for reading, sorry this is so long.

Comments (10)