SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jwishnia

Tile installation recommendations in central/northern NJ?

jwishnia
15 years ago

Hi all- I just found this website a few days ago and find it extremely useful. I am hoping that people can provide recommendations (not just - "I've heard of them" but "I know them and they are good") for tile installers in central/northern NJ? We live near 78 where Somerset County, Morris County and Union County come together - think Warren, Long Hill, Berkeley Heights, etc. We are looking to redo our kitchen and plan to start by replacing old ceramic tiling with new ceramic or porcelain tiling. I'm planning to do tile shopping and find the least expensive cost for the tile I want (ie on the web). I'll then need someone to lay the tile for me. We are looking at around 400 square feet in tiling for our kitchen and foyer. My sketch of the kitchen layout (not foyer) is here. A very similar kitchen layout design that we are looking to emulate - though with a peninsula, not an island - is here.

Any recommended installers in the area? Any idea on expected installation price (I do expect some floor leveling to be necessary)? Any ways to cut costs by doing things myself in advance of installation? Any idea how much cost, if any, would be added if we wanted to do (a) angled tiling or (b) different size tiling, as opposed to regular vertical/horizontal, one size tiling?

Any other useful thoughts, starting points, etc., since we are just really starting to look? Many thanks in advance.

Comment (1)