SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skypathway

Between a rock and a hard place, need help with leather furniture

skypathway
16 years ago

I want to buy a decent quality sofa. The ones I love are made by Cassini and are out of my price range. I've found two that I like the style and have road tested in the stores. My problem is the one I like best is made by Natuzzi Italisofa at Macys

(sorry for the tiny image) and the second favorite is Ikea Arild sofa.

I have Ikea leather right now that is 10 years old and still look new after tons of abuse, but I also know someone who had an Ikea sofa that didn't last long. I searched this site for Natuzzi and found all kinds of warnings about the quality or rather lack of quality. I'd like to avoid problems. Does anyone know any other leather company that makes a similar sofa with the stainless steel base and feet that is more reliable? I've searched the internet for all the brands I could think of and most of them, especially the ones made in N. America are too traditional for my home.

Has Natuzzi settled their quality problems? Is it safe to order that sofa from Macy's or would I do better ordering the one from Ikea. That's what I mean by being between a rock and a hard place. LOL. Both leather swatches passed my Sky test which means oil, mustard etc. didn't stain them and I couldn't scratch them.

Thanks in advance,

Sky

Here is a link that might be useful: link to Macy's Natuzzi italasofa to see a better picture

Comments (10)