SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canarybird01

Roasted Vegetables (For natesgramma)

canarybird01
16 years ago

Natesgramma was having a hard time finding my recipe for roasted vegetables on a recent thread. And as Ann mentioned, I mainly use what I have on hand, but there are some necessary ingredients which I include: potatoes, small and often with skins on, halved, yellow yams, peeled and halved, onions cut, quartered or whole if they are small, garlic cloves....the more the merrier! Red bell peppers... sliced, or green when red not available, courgettes or squash, cherry tomatoes (add squash or tomatoes later).

I put them onto an oiled oven tray (using my small countertop oven) and sprinkle over a good quantity of olive oil, black pepper and dried or fresh sprigs of thyme. Sometimes I also add paprika and a handful of fresh garden herbs, chopped.

Into the oven at around 350F for anywhere from 30 - 40 minutes. You quickly learn how large to cut or dice the veggie pieces so they are all ready at the same time without being overcooked. I like to turn over the potatoes using a metal egg flipper so they are brown and crispy on all sides.

Here are some sample mixtures:

Hope this helps .......this is really my best (and laziest) way to do a healthy selection of fresh vegetables to go with any meat or fish dish. Sometimes I'll do a fish in the same oven on a lower level tray so the rest of the kitchen stays clean and I'll set the timer for 40 minutes and put my feet up LOL!

SharonCb

Comments (10)