SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saphireny

Are those car trade in solicitations ever a good deal

saphire
17 years ago

I recently got one of those "we need your 2004 toyota if you buy from us we will give you 20% over book on your trade"

As it happens my car is a popular model Toyota Sienna, it is still under warranty but will be 3 this summer. I hate dealing with mechnical problems no matter who pays for them. The new version of my car has a feature that I want but my car does not have.

My car also has some minor body damage that I would have to fix if I were leasing but in a car that I own I would not bother

Should I even bother going in see this offer or is it a scam (I would normally assume it is a scam by a local dealer

It is a bit of a PITA for me as I would have to clean out the car which I do not normally bother with

Is it worth fixing the minor body damage? I would estimite it at around 500-1000 to fix (it is a 10 inch thin scrape on two panels and a key mark on another)

I actually enjoy car shopping and it would be a fun project for me and I am not worried about getting taken on the trade in aspect although tips would be welcome as I have never had a trade in before (always lease).

I realize buying or keeping a used car is more economical and is advocated by everyone from Ole Joyful to the millionaire next door! However that aspect does not bother me

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions