SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oddity_gw

I was told...(laminate vs vinyl planks)

oddity
16 years ago

I went to a showroom to see some wood-look vinyl planks. We are looking at this product for our living room, hallway and 3 bedrooms which is around 800 sq ft. We will be here for a long time so resale isn't an issue, unless we win the lottery and then it won't matter anyway...lol.

Anyway they didn't have the specific product I was looking for (mannington adura) but I was given some prices on another brand. It was amtico and I liked the look of it, though I still would like to see the adura.

After some conversing, the gentleman steered me over to the laminates. Which looked nice enough but I am worried about scratches and moisture from spills. We have kids and pets. He told me that the higher end laminates will be more resistant to spills because of how they fit together compared to the vinyl planks. Does this sound right? He ran a key across one of the samples and it sure did leave a big mark. I wasn't impressed. But I am curious about the moisture thing.

I realize that nothing is totally kid and pet proof but I'd like to get as close as possible.

Comments (11)