SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lakeperson_gw

Vermont Casting wood stove (non)warranty

lakeperson
14 years ago

I own a Dutchwest model 2478 non cat wood stove. Purchased in Oct 2008. I called the dealer to report that my refractory barrier (a type of concrete heat shield) on the side loading door was cracked and ready to break in half. The warranty states its lifetime on this material inside the stove (there is more of this that makes it burn so clean). To my surprise, I was told its not covered. So, I called the 800 number to Vermont castings and sure enough, based on my serial number, it was manufactured prior to 2008. Vermont castings went bankrupt in July 2008 the customer service person told me and any stoves manufactured prior to 2008 are no longer covered by ANY type of warranty!!!!! If it was after that date, they do cover it. Bottom line, lifetime warranty means little these days. Company goes belly up, and is bought out by MONESSEN of Paris Kentucky is this case, they are off the hook for any claims prior to the purchase of Vermont Castings!! I say boycott Vermont castings products. This is ridiculous. I'm not done, I will start to flood the internet with warnings of purchasing from this MFG.

Comments (6)