SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
icefox_gw

underlayment material for Tarkett sheet vinyl in kitchen

icefox
12 years ago

I stripped the floor down to 3/4" sub-floor (some of it is 2" hardwood planks) already. We will be using 1/4" plywood for new Tarkett sheet vinyl this weekend.

I went to the stores and couldn't find recommended material by Tarkett to attach and level new 1/4" underlayment plywood. The sheet vinyl is in my house waiting to warm up to house temp already.

I am looking for divergent point staples. Our local Lowe's doesn't even sell sheet vinyl or staples for staple gun. Menards has regular staples only. We will be using Rigid R150FSA stapler. What name brand of staples could be used with it? Bostitch is one, correct?

We have Bostitch 7/8" 18ga staples available to cover the recommended 75-90% depth. I found on the internet that 9/16" divergent point staples should be used for a 3/4" sub-floor with 1/4" underlayment plywood. Would the 9/16" divergent point staples be long enough? Or is it because of the divergent point?

I don�t know what to do, it is very cold as of yesterday in here; our cats are playing with the temporarily floor cover, I can feel the cold seeping through.

I purchased a Henry 547 Unipro Universal Patch & Skimcoat together with Hendry 546 Patch Additive. I am not sure if this is the correct product to use as a self-leveler for the underlayment. I have to use latex reinforced portland cement per Tarkett.

I found Mapei Planipatch (Fast-Setting, Polymer-Modified, Cement-Based Patching Compound) on the internet today in the morning. I can order it to be delivered to local Menards. Mapei is recommended by Tarkett.

I have also trouble finding self-leveling latex reinforced portland cement.

Thank you very much for any advice or comment.

Comments (2)