SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelka71

Wide plank wood flooring

angelka71
15 years ago

Hello, I've been lurking a bit and thought I'd ask you guys for some advise since you all seem so knowledgable.

We're building a house and have been trying to come to a decision on the flooring.

We really want our new home to have a "vintage" feel so we've been looking at putting wide plank wood flooring throughout. (except for bathrooms and laundry room).

In my heart of hearts I would REALLy like to use Carlisle pine plank floors. They look so beautiful online and so far the company has been very helpful. The price isn't too bad and is within our budget. The only concern is the softness of the pine floors.

We've got 3 kids and we're pretty rough on floors. I don't mind having a few dents, dings and scratches...I actually like that look and in fact, we were planning on having a distressed floor to kind of camaflouge the "living" we'll be doing anyway.

I guess we're just hesitant b/c we've never seen what pine flooring actually looks like once it's been lived on. And, I'm a little concerned about using flooring from Carlisle's b/c they're in another state and would be shipping the flooring to us. But they do have a pretty good reputation, right?

Also, I should mention that we have a concrete slab which Carlisle's says wouldn't be a problem. But again, I don't know anyone around here that has flooring like this so I'm not sure.

The softness of the floor is what concerns us the most. We do like the vintage look but don't want to go overboard with it.

Any advise would be great! Thanks.

Comments (5)