SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilmack

Extended visit from family member of DH

aprilmack
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I found this forum. We have a house guest (a family of dh from another state) that will be staying with us for two weeks. The guest was uninvited (well, she invited herself) and will bring two children.

Here's the dilemma. DH and I have not slept in the same room for years. We just simply sleep better when we sleep apart. When we have guests for a night or two we usually sleep together. We've decided that we're going to keep our current sleeping arrangements. However, this really leaves the guest without a room to sleep in.

We thought we would put her in our sons room but he has a bunk bed with twin mattresses. We're not sure if that will work for her and the baby.

We have a blow up mattress but I'm not sure that would work for two weeks. We were going to buy our son a new 'big boy' bed but I feel a little rushed.

Ideas? I want to make her feel comfortable.

Since she invited herself we didn't make plans to take off work. We'll be at work for the first two days that she's here. She has other family in the area. In reality, I don't like people in my home when I'm not there. Ideas?

In reality, I don't like house guests at all but I'm going to try to make the best of it for DH.

Sigh! I guess I just needed to vent.

Comments (24)

Sponsored