SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjexit5

Holiday scheduling.

rjexit5
9 years ago

Am I justified?

I invited my entire family including extended family on all sides of multiple divorces to my house for Christmas Day and dinner. I figured many family members would want to experience the joy with my three year old child. While some cannot make it and others would rather not attend because of uncomfortable divorces, many folks will be here. My mother decided she would host my siblings at her home instead of coming to mine. In discussing with her we came to the conclusion that her and her new husband could visit my home the weekend before Christmas for a low key weekend and she could still see her only grandchild. I just found our that she extended that invite to many folks not coming to my house on the 25th, and only those she gets along with. She "figured" I wanted house guests (probably 12 more of them) Am I justified in telling her absolutely no, she was the only one invited on that weekend? I want holidays to just be merry.

When I told her she was the only one invited she spun this into I do not want my siblings, and crew, to go to her house for the 25th and I am just being nasty.

Side note, nearly all guests would stay overnight because of distances traveled.

How would you handle, Thoughts?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County