SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2cook4six

I am tired of food restrictions

loves2cook4six
14 years ago

Crack of dawn on a SATURDAY morning and I'm wide awake. Go figure. Can't get out of bed during the week but come the weekend and... oy, screwed up body clock.

Anyways, here I sit trying to plan the week's menu and I have to work all around the "new" food restrictions. They used to be simple and all mine LOL: allergic to shellfish and intolerant of red meat (no dr has ever figured it out but eating red meat makes me physically ill so I just avoid it).

Now DH is suffering from inflamed joints and the holistic Dr he loves has him on a restricted diet:

Low Fructose, Ok

Low Acid - no tomatoes, no citric

Low to no gluten - you're kidding me

No nightshade veggies. What!? No potatoes (a staple for my kids), no eggplants, no peppers

No mixing meat and dairy, which we sort of do anyway but now really can't do at all

The diet is working. DH is finally running again so who am I to question? Only to do as asked.

Then to top it off, we are trying really hard to eat a more vegetable/vegetarian based diet. Not going nuts, just meat or chicken at only 1 or 2 meals a week.

I feel like I'm losing it. All our favorite recipes have at least tomatoes, peppers or potatoes in them. I start looking for new recipes and all of them mix meat and cheese, or have tomatoes or peppers or potatoes.

This week we had stuffed acorn squash (good) and Chinese stir fried Bok Choy and chicken (dh and I thought it was OK, kids did not like the Bok Choy).

So if you have any tried and true recipes that meet my crazy families new diet restrictions, PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME.

If you just want to commiserate, hey, I'll take that too

Thanks for letting me vent.

Back to the cookbooks and internet.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville