SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Attn bakers - I need advice please

caliloo
13 years ago

We are having a moms night out on Saturday (It is the Father Daughter Sweetheart Dance at the elementary school) and I volunteered to bring a appy and a dessert. I know what the appy is, but I am having a hard time deciding what to make for a dessert. I am thinking about making the following Raspberry Macaroons (Martha Stewart) but tweaking it to include white chocolate ganache as well as raspberry jam for the filling. Do you think that would work? I am also open to suggestions for other 1-2 bite dessert goodies. Beverages will be wine, soft drinks and coffee/tea.

Please let me know what you think of the following or any suggestion you may have for an alternative.

Thanks in advance!

Alexa

Raspberry Macaroons

Ingredients

Makes 35.

1 cup confectioners' sugar

3/4 cup almond flour or finely ground almonds

2 large egg whites, room temperature

Pinch of cream of tartar

1/4 cup superfine sugar

1 tablespoon fresh raspberry puree, strained

3 to 4 drops gel-paste food coloring, in Dusty Rose (sugarcraft.com)

3/4 cup homemade or store-bought berry jam

Directions

1.Pulse confectioners' sugar and flour in a food processor until combined. Sift mixture 2 times.

2.Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk whites with a mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar; whisk until soft peaks form. Reduce speed to low; add superfine sugar. Increase speed to high; whisk until stiff peaks form, about 8 minutes. Sift flour mixture over whites; fold until smooth and shiny. Fold in puree and food coloring.

3.Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain round tip; pipe 3/4-inch rounds 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets, dragging tip to sides rather than forming peaks. Tap sheets on work surface to release trapped air. Let stand for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Bake 1 sheet at a time, rotating halfway through, until crisp and firm, about 10 minutes. After each batch, increase oven to 375 degrees, heat for 5 minutes, then reduce to 325 degrees.

4.Let cool on sheets for 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely. (If sticking, spray water between parchment and hot sheet. The steam will help release macaroons.)

5.Sandwich 2 macaroons with 1 teaspoon jam.

Comments (9)