Cross Country Ski advice

jazzygardener

I'm planning on buying some new XCountry Skis this year. I had some about 10 years ago but, they were the waxed type and I didn't really like them. I always had problems getting the right type of wax for the conditions. Does anyone have any advice on what brands to buy? Also what's the difference between Xcountry and ski skates? They look interesting.

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deannabsd

My skis are 30 years old and are waxless and they still work as good as ever. I believe they are trek or trak brand but I am not sure. My husband recently bought a pair at play it again sports if you have those where you are located. I am not up on the ski skates so I will have to google them.

I know that they have changed the bindings on the skis so if you have old boots they may not work. It looks like snow shoes would also be fun. Keep us posted. Deanna

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jazzygardener

Thanks for your feedback Deanna. It's nice to know that others like the waxless skis. I'll also check out Play it again sports.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Green Building Houzz Tour: Toasty Warm and Energy-Efficient in Utah Ski Country
An architect builds his own first home with passive house standards at the forefront
Full Story
Healthy Home How to Childproof Your Home: Expert Advice
Safety strategies, Part 1: Get the lowdown from the pros on which areas of the home need locks, lids, gates and more
Full Story
Architecture 5 Homes Made for Après-Ski Indulgence
Strenuous days on the slopes require a warm and pampering retreat to return to, and these homes' amenities hit the spot
Full Story