Opinions on other womens fitness centers please

vera123

I would love to open a Curves but unfortunately my area is sold. I've been looking into other women's fitness centers like Slender Lady & It Figures. None are located in my area & I'm wondering if anyone has been to any of these. I'm trying to figure out if a competitor in a high traffic area where there is currently not a Curves, be able to offer what everyone likes about Curves. Seems to me that these centers offer a lot, have similar equipment & I guess it's all about what an owner expects of her staff & offers to the members.

Any opinions are appreciated!

Thanks

Vera

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

The KEY to the success of the "curves" method is that it's a scheduled time, a short time, with a group activity. You have peer pressure working on you, and the social aspect of it is good.

That would be hard to duplicate with other franchises.

Their equipment isnothing special, it's the way they have made workouts a social activity.

Save    
vera123

I appreciate your response & that is exactly what I'm reading from other forums. The women want the social interaction, the structure, it's quick, & keep it interesting with incentives, & contests to win t-shirts, points for credit to membership, etc. I've seen other similar equipment that seems much better.
Still researching.....
Thanks!
Vera

Save    
jenn

I agree that the guaranteed, short workouts in a group activity at Curves is much of what makes it work. In my case, the upbeat cheerful atmosphere is a bonus. I don't know if the machines are anything special, but I can tell you I feel much stronger than I did 3 months ago -- MUCH stronger. So they are doing something!

I don't have time to spend more than that at a gym each night, as I have a very early bedtime therefore I need to eat dinner early as well. The guaranteed 30 minutes of exercise is great for me and I have never missed a week of going at least 3 days. I can't say that about any other gym I've ever gone to.

Jen

Save    
vera123

Good for you Jen! That's exactly what keeps them coming back. It's quick, you meet people, & you feel good!

Thanks & good luck!
Vera

Save    
jenn

Thanks Vera, and you're welcome. Good luck in your venture.

Jen

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides No Neutral Ground? Why the Color Camps Are So Opinionated
Can't we all just get along when it comes to color versus neutrals?
Full Story
Bathroom Design Upload of the Day: A Mini Fridge in the Master Bathroom? Yes, Please!
Talk about convenience. Better yet, get it yourself after being inspired by this Texas bath
Full Story
Kitchen Design Kitchen of the Week: Updated French Country Style Centered on a Stove
What to do when you've got a beautiful Lacanche range? Make it the star of your kitchen renovation, for starters
Full Story
Our design services are tailored to your unique needs, timeline and budget. With your vision and our expertise,... Read More
Whether you're interested in energy efficiency or an architectural renovation our wide selection of replacement... Read More