SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
work_in_progress_08_gw

50th Anniversary Cocktail Party - Ideas?

This message has been cross-posted in the Recipe forum in addition to Entertaining.

I am planning a 50th anniverary party for DM/DF to take place next August. Would like to do an early evening cocktail party as heat/weather never seem to cooperate at this time of year. I've gone down the tent, table, chair rental summer parties. Worked to some extent, but too hot for most guests (including me). Many guests will be in their 70's and I don't want any heat strokes, just a great celebration of an accomplishment not achieved by many these days! Also, want to host in my home (don't like halls, restaurants for these type of parties). Also, I wanted to keep this a bit more formal than an afternoon "swim party".

I think evening in the air conditioning would be much more comfortable for all. I haven't yet completed my guest list, but am expecting it will be approx 50-75 guests. I want to do butlered as well as a buffet of hor d' oeuvers.

One signature cocktail as well as offering wine and beer and a mixer set up.

Thinking of doing a theme of foods served back then (hor d'oeuvre, drinks, etc.), but not sure how popoular cocktail parties were in the 50's? From memory, seems like cocktail parties were usually small gatherings?

Any ideas/recipes/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath