Weekly Support Oct 6 - 12
12 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (14)
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
Related Discussions
SS Support, Mon, Oct 1 (Rabbit,Rabbit) thru Oct 7th
Comments (37)Good Friday morning all!!! Crunch,crunch, crunch......really enjoying my celery. Thanks! Thanks for the accolades! I hope I didn't jinx myself for posting it here since I have at least 10Lbs to go.... I have 4 5LB bags of sugar on my counter to remind me of how much I have lost.......... Marci, I had no idea this child was so bad that she needed intervention. Wow, sorry you have had to deal with that but I am glad it's you because she might not get the care she needs otherwise. I hope things go well and I hope you get some rest this weekend. Losing sleep over it is not good for you. Are you able to do some yoga to help you unwind in the evening? Just a few minutes of breathing exercises and a few relaxing postures may help you sleep better. Try these breathing exercises: 2-to-1 breathing This breathing pattern relaxes the body by subtly stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system, thereby inducing a state of relaxation. As you lie in bed, gently slow down the rate of exhalation until you exhale for twice as long as you inhale. You can coax a longer exhalation by contracting the abdomen slightly. Dont try to fill or empty or empty the lungs completely you are simply changing the rhythm of your breath. In the beginning it may help to count to six on the exhalation and three on the inhalation, or four on the exhalation and two on the inhalation (or any other 2-to 1 ratio you find comfortable). Focus on the smoothness and evenness of your breath, gradually eliminating any jerks and pauses. Counting Breaths Using the effortless 2-to-1 pattern described above, lie in bed and pay close attention to you breath. It should flow smoothly, evenly, and continuously. When the pattern is well established, take: * 8 breaths lying on your back * 16 breaths lying on your right side * 32 breaths lying on your left side Very few people complete this exercise. Sweet dreams! Try the 8 poses in the link below. I do the child's pose each night and it helps immensely. Raeanne, I know I can't do anything about it. Ommmmmmmmm but I want to find a comfortable place with her. I know it will all work out just the way it's supposed to! Beside, alot can happen in 9 months!! Maddie, you should try those breathing exercises and yoga poses too Sister! Night sounds very like very painful reading to me. Let us know how it is. I am glad you are writing the note.......it will help you go through the grieving process. BJ, thanks for your words of support. You sisters are all great! Besh, I know, I AM such a loser! Have you watched the Biggest Loser? IT's a great show. Today I am leaving at noon to go to the ride/drive that I host in my town of Hancock, NH for my driving club. It's going to be a splendid weekend which is great. Unfortunately, due to drought, the foliage is mediocre at best right now. Plus we haven't had a hard frost yet which is an essential ingredient to fall color. Sweet Pea will be styling as her cart is back from repair and actually looks brand new! It's much lighter than the old cart which we've had to use so she will be very happy with the lighter load. If I don't get a chance to check in again............I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend....See MoreSS Support Mon. Oct.25th through Sun. Oct. 31st
Comments (40)NHSuzanne~ (((((((((HUGS and DOUBLE HUGS)))))) Ouch! That kind of situation hurts! Even tho' they may not have meant any harm! The first thing that came to my mind was the same thing Raeanne wrote. We have a group of 4 gal pals here and when we do something in groups of 2 or 3, we rarely share- it spares hurt feelings. Sometimes I'm the one left out, but we still love each other. It just works out that way. The second thing I thought was: Have you offered to sell Casey to Linda with a payment schedule? If you're going to consider selling Casey or get another rider if Linda stops riding her, why not work out a deal? Obviously, Linda cares a great deal for Casey and has had a year-long relationship that's good for you, her, and the mare. Linda seems to be acting as though she wants her "own" horse; a reasonable deal that you may be able to facilitate if it can be worked out in a memorialized agreement. The other, third thing I hate to mention, but will stick my neck out here anyway. Maybe the 'other' gal pal has a less strong connection with animals than yours and Linda can look at the horse and get a feel for it better by herself. You are very good with animals and sometimes, I'm certain, they are rather drawn to you. Linda may feel like she needs to be alone with the horse to see if she gets the right fit going. Who knows? But it's another idea. Why not buzz Linda and talk to her about it over a tea? It'd be worth it to clear the air before the road trip. She may feel trapped if you decide to wait until the car ride to bring it up. Again, ((((HUGS)))) and I hope the answer comes to you. Tikanas, I am going to STARCH your UNDERWEAR if you send me any laundry! :) Raeanne~ Your costume sounds like --- wild, man! Have fun! Besh~ Thinking of you! My kids are going to be: 16 y.o. - Goth fairy (don't ask!) 14 y.o. - The scantiest dressed witch I've ever seen. 8 y.o. - Red web witch. Very cute! 6 y.o. - a piece of candy corn! Me - A line from Top Gun. DH: Probably nothing - he hasn't got the spirit yet this year. Too much work, not enough play, I'm sure....lol. All for now. My clay mask went to the kiln today, so I'll see it next week. I am starting on a terra cotta sculpture of a very muscle-bound man in a kneeling position at a prayer bench-naked and crying. I don't know why I'm doing this particular sculpture, but that's what happened when I started fashioning the clay. Everyone in the class thinks I'm wiggy or something. Ah, well, what else is new? Maddie~ Hope you are causing trouble where ever you go! Amy~ SO glad you checked in and that life is comsuming you! Feast or famine, eh?...See MoreDaily Support Mon Oct 13 - Sun Oct 19
Comments (19)Greetings all, I can hardly believe its Thursday already. I have been swamped this week. Milkdud, tell me more about ESA? Sounds interesting. Peggy, glad you are up and about. Donna, good to see you posting. Marci hugs and prayers while you and yours continue to heal. Jan, hugs to you and yours also. QOD: Squash - Delicata and Sweet Dumpling delicious heirloom varieties. Raeanne, happy trails? You bet and you asked for it LOL My weekend was simply divine. The weather was nothing short of spectacular between the brilliance of the crystal clear blue sky and the symphony of fall colors. The air was cool and dry but the endless sun kept us warm - but not too warm - just right. There was an excellent turn out of campers, 15 in all not including those who came for the day only on Saturday and/or Sunday. The nights were fairly warm so we did not worry too much about the cold. We enjoyed sitting around the campfires at night listening to the wildlife and drinking wine. The only problem I had was keeping my red wine from getting too cold! LOL The scenery in Hancock is truly breathtaking but this particular location is really special. The field we camp in is surrounded by ponds on three sides and they are all lined with the splendor of brilliantly colored trees. The ponds are teaming with wildlife of all kinds and this year we were serenaded by coyotes plus we heard a screech from some critter that was so loud and unusual no one could identify it. I even had a Bluebird couple visit my site for a while each day hunting bugs in the grass. All along the driving roads are beautifully restored antique homes that beckon to an era gone by an era of simpler times when equines were the only mode of transportation. Some of the roads that are included in the drive are historic roads. Most notably, The Kings Highway which was built by settlers around 1768 to get grain from Stoddard, NH to the nearest grist mill in Peterborough, NH. Riding through the woods was just like nothing else. The leaves swishing under the horses feet and there were spots that were cathedral like with ancient maples creating a canopy of brilliant color  as I looked up I was entranced by the colors and the blue sky in the background. It was truly moving. This yearÂs foliage has been divine and even at past peak it takes my breath away. I like to star gaze and the October sky does not disappoint hosting a nearly full moon. Once the moon got closer to setting we could see some stars. Antares, a brilliant jewel set within the Milky Way, and one of the great constellations of the sky, the Zodiac's Scorpius (or Scorpio, my sign!) is to the right of the Moon in the early evening sky right now. Jupiter sallied boldly forth, shining in the south at nightfall. Taurus, the bull, has started to charge into the evening skies. In the north we could view the Big Dipper and the "W" of Cassiopeia to the lower left and upper right of Polaris, the North Star. The beauty is humbling and overwhelming!! SighÂ..itÂs just a memory now. This weekend I am off to Woodstock, VT for one last horsey weekend and foliage riding!! Supposed to be cold but who cares? More happy trails!!...See MoreSS Support Mon. Oct. 18th through Sun. Oct. 24th
Comments (48)WOWZA, it's quiet here today. DeeMarie, welcome back. Can't wait to see your pix. Marci posted some for me while you were gone! Raeanne, I would think that right after the first of the year we should start seriously making plans. Maybe sooner? I guess I would ask Maddie to guide us here because who knows. I can't even remember the exact date! I am sending Kingfisher thoughts your way. LOL Today is my Siamese boys birthday. 12 and 10 years old. Boy time has flown. They are out in the livingroom rolling around in the catnip I got them to celebrate with. I will join them with a glass of wine shortly! I love watching them groove on catnip. I lead such an exciting life!!! The pumpkin festival in Keene, NH is this weekend. Our office carved pumpkins to spell out Equine Journal and it will be displayed on the tower at the top of Main Street about 9 tiers up. Keene is trying to break it's own world's record of 28,000 or so. This year we are going for 30,000! Check out the link below. The tower you see here is at the top of the square and is the tower our pumpkins will be on. QOD: My alarm is set for 4am Mon-Fri. and I am usually in bed by 9:30 and 10 is pushing it for me unless I have to. On weekends I try to sleep in which usually ends up being 5:30 or 6! Still it feels good not to have to hear the alarm. Here is a link that might be useful: Keene Pumpkin Festival...See More- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

FEEL-GOOD HOMERegain Calm With a New Weekly Routine
Having a day-by-day housekeeping schedule makes the chores a lot more manageable
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Function and Flow Come First
A designer helps a passionate cook and her family plan out every detail for cooking, storage and gathering
Full Story
10 Top Design Events: Oct. 28-Nov. 18, 2011
Go, see, do! See what's on the Houzz creative calendar this fall
Full Story0

KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Surprise Storage in Sydney
Hidden appliances and a secret scullery make for a kitchen so streamlined, you might not guess its true purpose
Full Story
BEFORE AND AFTERSBasement of the Week: A Man Cave Goes Chic and Family Friendly
Renovations lighten up a dad's dark rec room and make space for guests and family
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Navy and Orange Offer Eclectic Chic in California
Daring color choices mixed with a newly opened layout and an artful backsplash make for personalized luxury in a San Francisco kitchen
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNNew This Week: 3 Barely There Kitchens
Looking for a kitchen with plenty of storage and an open and airy feeling? Take some cues from these 3 rooms uploaded to Houzz this week
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Updated French Country Style Centered on a Stove
What to do when you've got a beautiful Lacanche range? Make it the star of your kitchen renovation, for starters
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Brick, Wood and Clean White Lines
A family kitchen retains its original brick but adds an eat-in area and bright new cabinets
Full Story
UNIVERSAL DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Good Looking and Accessible to All
Universal design features and sustainable products create a beautiful, user-friendly kitchen that works for a homeowner on wheels
Full StorySponsored
stacey_mb