MBT sneakers tone legs?

country_in_the_city

I also put this question out to the beauty forum, but maybe someone on the exercise and nutrition forum will be more likely to have the answer. Has anyone tried the $200+ MBT sneakers? They are supposed to tone your legs and butt, but they are butt ugly! (-;

They have a convex, built up sole that makes you constantly have to be aware of your balance even when you are standing still. The name, Masai Barefoot Technology, comes from some tribe in Africa. The swiss design is supposedly modeled after their gate, but I read some opinions that ballyhooed the whole shoe/african tribe connection.

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
downtowner

I have them. I like them.

The London Times is the source of the rumor they fight cellulite. The NYTimes says that is a medical imipossibility. The NYTimes quotes a representative of the Masai as saying that among the Masai only the women and children go barefoot.

I'd say give them a try in the store. If they feel good to you give them a try. I googled everything about them, and any fitness studies show only a microscopic effect. I do like the gait they give me.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Floors 9 Flooring Types for a Charming Country Kitchen
For hardiness and a homespun country look, consider these kitchen floor choices beyond brand-new wood
Full Story
Fun Houzz Don’t Be a Stickybeak — and Other Home-Related Lingo From Abroad
Need to hire a contractor or buy a certain piece of furniture in the U.K. or Australia? Keep this guide at hand
Full Story
Budget Decorating 10 Forgotten Items to Repurpose as a Standout Feature
Transform a vintage find into a highly functional piece of furniture
Full Story