Cardio & Brain Chemistry

fran1_08

Does the combination of no alcohol and 3 hrs/wk of cardio for 3 months change the brain chemistry to give continuous feelings of euphoria, well being, wellness and positive attitude? Any research on this?

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

Alcohol is a depressant and exercise releases endorphins so I think it does (temporarily) change the brain chemistry. I think though that going back to alcohol and a sedentary way of life would put you right back where you started. That's how it works for me anyway but my drugs of choice are carbohydrates.

Save    

Related Stories

Product Picks Guest Picks: Science-Inspired Design Finds
Look to geology, chemistry, geography and other sciences for inspiration in home decor
Full Story
Metal A Periodic Table of Design Elements
Add Panache With Copper, Tin, Aluminum and More
Full Story
Life How to Fall Head Over Heels for Your Partner Again
Bring back that loving feeling this Valentine’s Day, and you just might live happily ever after
Full Story
Decluttering The Wisdom of Kenny Rogers, for Declutterers
No need to gamble on paring-down strategies when the country music legend has already dealt out some winning advice
Full Story
For Pros Design Practice: 11 Ways Architects Can Overcome Creative Blocks
When inspiration remains elusive, consider these strategies for finding your creative muse
Full Story
Most Popular What to Know Before Refinishing Your Floors
Learn costs and other important details about renewing a hardwood floor — and the one mistake you should avoid
Full Story
Home Innovations Natural Swimming Pools: More Beauty, No Chemicals
Keep your skin and the environment healthy with a pool that cleans itself, naturally
Full Story
Cleaning 33 Magic Household Cleaning Tips
Houzzers from around the world share their tips for transforming housework into child’s play
Full Story
Organizing 10 Principles of Organizing That Work in Every Room
Feeling overwhelmed by your stuff? Here’s how to make your things more findable and easier to put away
Full Story